1982 D small date zinc.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kewayne, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Kewayne

Kewayne New Member

Been lucky enough to have found several of the small dates around my parts. I can't put an answer together about this one . I know it's not the best pic. Blurred some. Working on the camera situation.can anyone tell me about this one. Please. Other parts of the obverse are like the 82. I'll get a few pics today if anyone thinks it best. Sorry for pic being
    20180320_153629.jpg

tmeyer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT I think it would help in the future if you where to crop your pics and rotate them, I'm old can't strain my neck like that anymore. LOL
    Dave 20180320_153629.jpg

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was sleeping in on my snow day. :p

6. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

The 2 looks like a Good curvy women to me!!!

7. Walt Knoch

Walt Knoch It sure is

I can't find the answer either. What's the question?

8. Kewayne

Kewayne New Member

Sorry for the lame approach here. Truthfully I was extremely tired and sleepy. Work gets us sometimes. So I got me one of those "curvy woman 82's"... Thanks buckmaster.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It is the Philly small date (82 zinc or copper) that is desirable. While the 82-D small date may be a good tool to recognize the small date, it has no value over face.

Kewayne likes this.
  10. Kewayne

Kewayne New Member

No questions here Mr. Knoch. It's the curvy woman 82. Just thought I'd give show and tell a try. Get the impression that there's a certain way or code to ask a question here.

11. Kewayne

Kewayne New Member

Thanks.. Yessir the Philly small dates aren't just floating around for us much hardly at all. I own the copper variety of the Philly small. But that one there just had some things jump out at me. I like it.

Michael K likes this.
  12. mgmgmg75

mgmgmg75 Active Member

Dude, you need to get out more!

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. abuckmaster147

Nope, When ever I do I see all these ladies that have forgotten what a curve is for. Not saying that its not good for some! Just not appealing to me. I will probably get slapped but my wife forgot also.

14. Jose Mendez

Jose Mendez New Member

Hi Guys. So I have a 1982 penny no mint mark small date weight 3.11 and also have a 1982 no mint mark weight 2.5 I would like to know if they are worth anything?

15. abuckmaster147

Nope they made billions.

16. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Kewayne, first, welcome to CT! I notice you just joined today. Wondering if you just discovered CT, or been tracking/perusing CT for awhile & just decided to join today.

I'm going to assume you just discovered this site, so let me give you some advice (& it doesn't matter whether you're an experienced collector or not). When you post a thread, make it complete the first time or wait until you can do a complete question/statement/pics. Please give us the courtesy of enough info, pics, & a direct question to help you...."can anyone tell me about this one" is not a viable question in the context you presented it.

Regardless of your question, please be courteous enough to post pics of BOTH sides of the coin (sometimes you will also need the third side - the edge - if the question is about authenticity, etc.). And be sure to post quality pics in the correct orientation.

If you're too tired (you posted @ 4:12 am), wait until you are ready. Just saying "I can't put an answer together about this one......can anyone tell me about this one" is not a viable question. You will find many, many knowledgeable, helpful people here if you give them a realistic chance. You will also see that we like to have fun, & while you may perceive some responses to be flippant, some of us (myself included) are always up for humor in any situation.

Give us a chance, don't take things personally. It's not that there is a certain way or code, it's just giving us viable questions & info to help.

Kewayne likes this.
  17. Jose Mendez

Jose Mendez New Member

Hey buckmaster can you tell me which 1982 penny is worth something? Thanks

18. abuckmaster147

It would be the 1982 D small date Copper .weighing 3.11 G and there has only been one found in ecestantance since 1982
    Forgive me for my spelling google was not sure,

Jose Mendez likes this.
  19. Kewayne

Kewayne New Member

I gotcha and I apologize. I've paid attention to a lot of forums. This is the one where I've came for good knowledge on alot and always left with more than I came for if truth be known. You guys have helped me. Yes sir I was extremely exhausted. I'm a roofer by day and painter and trim guy most every night. I stared at and sorted coins until I couldn't see. What really gets me is when some people see me going through the coins(especially the Lincoln) they chuckle and wonder why I do it. Been doing it about 5 1/2yrs. I've got some interesting unique findings. Asking someone about something is a bit tough. Learning this stuff, especially the errors. Takes time I know. Yall paid for your knowledge in some sorta way and I don't feel right about getting from someone in one minute what they have paid some price for over a long period of time. That's me. Thank you Planosteve.

20. abuckmaster147

Nope what you ask is why most of us are here. It is just a few of us get kinda quirky when you get:Is this 82 gonna get me rich? and it happens about 8 or more times a week. Folks watch youtube videos and such and they are not told you have a better chance of winning lottery or getting struck by lightning than finding one. But the 7 dif large and small dates are fun.
    So do not think you need to pay of sorts to ask that is why we are here because we like what we collect and what we do.
    EDIT: BTW as far as Error coins go we have the best in the business here.
    JON

21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Hey i can do this one. Small date. Thanks for asking

Draft saved Draft deleted