1982 D Quarter,,, rough estimate?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by clint1970, Aug 13, 2020.

1. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

I read 82 D,P,S is worth more then face. This is nice coin, edge almost like new. Worth keeping? IMG_20200813_215238 (2).jpg IMG_20200813_215312 (2).jpg IMG_20200813_215905 (2).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Don't keep, worth 25 cents. Use it for a down payment on a book.

tibor and furryfrog02 like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I read the Earth is flat o_O

All untrue.. Worth? 25 Cents

goossen, tibor and CoinCorgi like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Is there a TPGS that grades the edge?

6. CoinCorgi

Only if it is MONSTER TONED!!!

7. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

Because the 82 and 83 was not available in uncirculated sets, like todays W quarter. 1597378191559.jpg

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

But, once you submit them for grading, won't you be losing money on them unless they grade MS65 or higher?

Gregg702 and rosethe like this.
  9. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow thinks it is not even in MS condition. So no real added value over a quarter. If you like it, keep it. Meow has many no value or low value coins in the cat hoard. As it makes Meow happy regardless.

10. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

rosethe and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

With something like that I put it in my book until I find something better to upgrade my book with then replace it and just keep doing it. I'm at AU after a long time, maybe one day MS ones that's been sitting in a jar for 37+ years will turn up.

you could sell rolls of them by mintmark on ebay if you are really roll hunting and saving them up for like $12-$20 and a couple dollars for shipping... if you really wanted to I suppose, then at some point use those proceeds to buy MS examples for your collection that are graded.

up to you really, I just catch and release unless it's clearly better than what I already have.

rosethe and Inspector43 like this.
  12. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

@John Burgess, I kinda new at all coinage. Before coin shortage I was on pennies. Now my bank will allow me 21 rolls of quarters a week. I don't care for quarters but its better then nothing. My dealer just bought it for .75 25 minutes ago, he trying to sell me better examples but told him I only keep pennies.

13. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Good to know. That dealer won't want to take 40 or more of them for 75 cents each thats for sure. but awesome you could flip it smoothly for parking meter money. LOL

Mike Davis likes this.
  14. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

Triple face,,,,,, Also took in silver b4 prices drop any lower.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sounds like fake news

CoinCorgi and John Burgess like this.
  16. CoinCorgi

How many hours of your time did it take to make 50 cents?

Gregg702 and John Burgess like this.
  17. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Arizona Coin Exchange is paying $2 for AU '82-D quarters and this is a nice example.

It would bring a few dollars on eBay.

It is also the "scarcer" type "d" reverse. This coin is not too uncommon in AU but it is quite uncommon in BU so if it ever catches on it should have a nice premium.

Draft saved Draft deleted