1982 D quarter error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by angelis, Oct 8, 2022.

1. angelis

angelis Member

Hello everyone!;)
    I need expert help to know what happened to this coin, I know it has filled mint mark and is worn from circulation but my doubt is in two letters that belong to the phrase: "E PLURIBUS UNUM" where below the "N" I think it is machine doubling because of its flat shelf :)but the "U" above looks inflated and not flat:pompous:. Is it because of an excess of "filled" in the whole coin? is it another type of machine doubling? Thanks in advance for your help. Best regards!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. angelis

angelis Member

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Post some full sized photos snd we’ll be happy to let you know.

angelis likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Your coin is machine doubling and die deteration

paddyman98, Spark1951 and angelis like this.
  6. angelis

angelis Member

Hello!
    When I select upload file there is no option to upload it full size, I tried to copy and paste the pictures with the text but it came out error. I need help to learn how to do it

7. angelis

angelis Member

Hello again Paddy!
    Thanks for your reply, so all that confusion was because of die deteration.
    Changing the subject, following your suggestion I have already subscribed to Coneca, I just need to register in the forum and get the magazines! Thank you very much for the advice, I hope to learn more and not be so much trouble asking everything. Regards

8. Paddy54

There's no problem...one only learns by asking... any time

Kentucky and angelis like this.
  9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

after you upload, on the bottom select "Full Image"
    upload_2022-10-8_22-54-29.png

Attached Files:

angelis and Paddy54 like this.
  10. Paddy54

Yes very good tip... it helps us help you faster by being able to see the full image,

angelis likes this.
  11. angelis

angelis Member

I finally made it!:rolleyes: I had a problem with the jpg configuration, that's why the full image option didn't appear. The next images can now be seen. thank you very much for everything.:joyful: Coin test.jpg

Collecting Nut, Clawcoins and Paddy54 like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Thank you. That was caused by a tired and worn out die. We all learn from our mistakes and I’m glad you figured out how to upload full photos. You’ve been a member for a few years but it would be great if you posted more. :)

angelis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted