1982 d penny DDO large date

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Marites Foertsch, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Marites Foertsch

Marites Foertsch Honey bunch

2A3DA477-D226-4CF4-9082-6AC362ED4C4B.jpeg 4D5035B3-3B6D-422A-9CEC-CF4C19FA74F2.jpeg I think I see the sign of ddo large date the one I mark blue in the reverse.The overse is 1982 it’s clear and Liberty letters..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Did you check

www.doubleddie.com
    www.varietyvista.com

These sites have extensive lists of known doubled dies. I strongly recommend bookmarking them. This should be the first place you look when you think you may have a doubled die. See if you can find an EXACT match. In addition, doubleddie.com has a section called "worthless doubling". It gives a great explanation of MD and DDD.

You've been posting some questions regarding possible doubled dies. Using these sites should help you learn a lot and continue building your numismatic knowledge. Asking "does this look like WDDO-03", or "I think this a doubled die because I see notching, (or it doesn't look flat and shelf-like) but can't find it on Wexler's site" tells people that you are trying learn about the hobby.

Hope this helps

4. Marites Foertsch

Hi sir good morning I should put this one. I was just reading. Larger date cent 1982 close to rim . And DDO’s die stage chart. Description medium spread on earlobe with extra on Liberty.die chips in column #10 That’s the only part I’ve read I got to much excited. Forgive me you know when you just bored/alone while your patient sleeping you get excited for the small things and that’s me... I am starting reading from the expert coins book and not following the Etsy site they thought me a lot of mistakes lol peace...
    04E8BBF6-2B5B-40A3-AE20-1F3F00C7CF89.jpeg

5. Marites Foertsch

Attached Files:

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Struck from a worn die. You got excited? Really? Say it ain't so! I couldn't tell. Lol Looks normal to me.

7. Marites Foertsch

Hi sir good afternoon. That’s normal to me I get excited very easy a simple things makes me excited. You probably get annoyed if you hear my voice when I get excited lol . Anyway sorry I forgot to say thank you yesterday for your time I was super busy...and thank you for now too...

Cheech9712 and Collecting Nut like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You're more than welcome. Have a great evening.

Marites Foertsch likes this.
  9. wilemn72

wilemn72 New Member

I have several of these and I want know more.

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome!
    Why don't you start your own thread and post Pics of your coins? You'll get more views, hopefully. biggrin.gif

11. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Yes, die deterioration doubling from a tired die. I really don't see much from the photo.

12. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Is this a zinc cent ?

13. Rick Stachowski

14. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I don't think it's a DDO.

15. Rick Stachowski

Make sure to weigh it

Draft saved Draft deleted