1982 D Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Izzktty, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Which of the nine varieties is this?

1. Large date?

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Copper?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Izzktty

Izzktty New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Izzktty

Izzktty New Member

I don’t know if I am posting this in the right area, or correctly. Any guidance would be be greatly appreciated, thank you.

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

5. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

That's a large date but you'll need a scale to weigh it to see which it is. 3.1g is copper and 2.5 makes it a zincoln. I'm going with copper just from the look and subtle striping but looks aren't everything now are they???

6. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

Large date, so not the rare one...

7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

We don't say "ugly" any more. They're "differently appearanced".

John Skelton and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

It is the large date. Not the rare variety.

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I gave up on this stuff. Got too tired answering the same question over and over again to people who likely will not hang around and actually positively contribute.
    You're doing a great job :)

Dave363 likes this.
  10. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

You are so funny are you thinking about getting into the comedian business.Lol
    Dave

furryfrog02 likes this.
  11. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@Izzktty...Welcome to CoinTalk! Knowing neither your experience nor your expertise in collecting or numismatics, I humbly offer the following advice to assist you in contributing to the Forum...

If you don't already have one, go buy the latest edition of the Yeoman Red Book, the 2019 edition is now available. It is jam packed with info on all U.S. denominations.

When you post coins, submit the obverse and reverse in full image as a minimum, cropping out extraneous stuff that is not the coin, like tabletops and extra cloth around the edges. If you have a question about an area of the coin, like the date or mint mark, post a close up of the area in question. Blurry pictures are useless, make sure they are clear and in-focus.

Learn to navigate the Forum. Search with key words to find threads containing information you are seeking.

Go to doubleddie.com and select "How dies are made". This article will teach you about the minting process so that when you find a wonky, damaged coin you will understand how it can't be a mint error. Read other areas on the site as well.

Do your own due diligence. Research your coin before you post. Searching the web can help. Some sites to go to are lincolncentresource.com and Variety Vista. Stay away from YouTube and Pinterest, they are only click-bait to erroneous info.

When you post, ask good questions. "What about this?" is not sufficient.

Do not hesitate to ask questions, that's what we are here for: to answer your questions and help you learn, if you are receptive.

Good Luck and Good Hunting! Welcome to CoinTalk!...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted