1982 D Large Date Bronze

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by William Sheldon, May 10, 2019.

1. Hello...came across this one. My scale is accurate to .1. I saw one on Etsy for $1500. I know the 82 d small date is the rarest, but is this one rare and commanding $1500? A 2004 pic is also attached so u can see my scale is off on the zinc too. I know theres many varieties for 82 but this one is d. Thx again

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. VT4Pac

VT4Pac Active Member

Etsy is a joke when it comes to coins and many other items in general...it is like a make believe land where fairy tales and mythical creatures exist. Don't believe anything you see there. That's my take on it. There is nothing special about a 1982 d copper large date. Sorry if you had your hopes up.

There's a big difference between what people ask for coins and what they sell for. I always check eBay closed/sold listing to see what price certain error and variety coins are going for. You have to be careful there too though because there are dishonest or incredibly stupid sellers there selling fake errors and normal coins as "rare." Unfortunately many of the victims of these scams are just uninformed, don't know any better, and throw their money away on such coins.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

They made 17 billion cents in 1982 and almost all of them are worth .01 cent.
    Etsy is a steaming pile of crap when it comes to coins.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Run from ETSY.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

7. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Check this one out from ETSY.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted