1981 Steel or Magnetic Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by moneypenny, Jan 20, 2008.

1. girldly

girldly Girldly

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

The Denver Mint struck copper-nickel coins for Liberia in 1972. If your coin belonged to me, I would purchase a Liberian coin with the same weight as yours and send that genuine coin along with your piece back to the TPGS and ask them to review their opinion.

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

@GDJMSP

Can @girldly please have your permission to post the results of her submission to the board? ;)

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

OK, when did you write to the moderator, and what moderator (Who ?) did you write to ?

And what exactly is it that you don't know if you can post here or not ? I mean, I read the whole thread and I'm confused as to what exactly you are talking about. You say - "their findings" - well OK, what form are their finding in ? Is it an email, a paper letter mailed to you - what ?

And if you'd rather not say publicly, fine, then send it to me, privately. Then I will tell you if you can post it here or not.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Much appreciated.... ;)

7. girldly

girldly Girldly

The moderator told me it is ok to post a link...how do I do that? He said I cant post it due to copyright.

8. girldly

girldly Girldly

GREAT IDEA....WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

9. girldly

girldly Girldly

I went to Ebay and found several they may be larger, but they look like the penny for sure...I am going to spend 4.00 on one. Thanks so much. I just wondered if it had to be a 1972? They only have a set for 49.95. Thank you so much.

10. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Try a foreign coin dealer. The 72's were struck in the US; however they have the same composition an weight of the other dates.

11. girldly

girldly Girldly

I purchased one on ebay, thanks.

12. Tim1971

Tim1971 New Member

I came across a 1981 D penny that is silver colored as well. I don't think this is a lab project or a coincidence that four of us have come across them.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I and my students have made hundreds.

14. Tim1971

Tim1971 New Member

But are they all 1981?

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

No, but some were.

16. Ron Addison

Ron Addison New Member

I have a 1981 as well. Found it in a box at my mother's home with a few other coins which were not notable in any way.

17. Ron Addison

Ron Addison New Member

It's plain, not a "D".

Draft saved Draft deleted