1980-D RPM

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Patrick M, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

I tried to take a good picture but no luck, so I will post a few "bad" ones. It looks like a RPM D/D...it's a big maybe

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Patrick M likes this.
  6. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It doesn't look like an RPM to me.

Chris

8. Fallguy

Fallguy Active Member

Yeah, probably not. Thought its positioning looked pretty close to the RPM-001 on the Variety Vista site, but yours may be a little higher (upper left relative to the "9"). Would sure like to see one more shot (from West looking East at maybe 60 degrees with the upper left serif as the focal point), but then I have curse of working these like a dog going after a bone. That's probably why I'll never even dent the 50 thousand + I still have left in the basement, before I leave this veil of tears.

Oh BTW, wondering if you're shooting at low res, or shooting at high res and then using a compression algorithm to limit the file size? It can make a pretty big difference in veiwability . . . Also might try short depth of field with limited focus area; snapped at hi res; cropped to subject area and then compressed --> gives you small file but can garner more info than just a plain lo-res pic. Pardon the verbosity, and my possible bad assumptions on how you may be shooting these:( Semper Fidelis

9. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Thank you for your input and taking the time to do it. I tried different stuff but no success to have a decent pic. I think I need macro lens for my dslr camera. I don't think the coin is a RPM, the west looking East photos confirms that. Again thanks for taking the time for this, I appreciate it!

Attached Files:

10. Fallguy

Fallguy Active Member

Yep, those pretty much confirmed the negative, but keep on looking and you'll find yourself spotting them in no time:). And like I said, I find it a lot of fun; only 50,000 more to go!!! BTW, MUCH better pics. I was able to download and magnify with very little loss of resolution . . . Great Job! Semper Fidelis

Patrick M likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted