1979 p nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by scottymenefee, Jul 21, 2017.

1. scottymenefee

scottymenefee Member

20170721_120417.jpg 20170721_120337.jpg 20170721_120337.jpg 20170721_120337.jpg can some one tell me what's going on here if anything is

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Where should we look? What makes you think there is something to look at?

4. scottymenefee

scottymenefee Member

I'm just asking if you don't see anything then okay

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yes, it is: 1979

6. dfraser

dfraser Junior Member

looks normal, what caused your question?

7. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Nobody saw the extra step below the Monticello? The worthless machine doubling?!

8. scottymenefee

scottymenefee Member

was just asking

9. scottymenefee

scottymenefee Member

what about above the the door it has two line not one

10. scottymenefee

scottymenefee Member

yep that's what those numers are on the observe side means 1979 yep you are right

11. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Hey Tyler? Not YOUR problem, but this thread is an example of the type that drive me up a tree. I even have bark marks on my trousers and squirrel poo under my fingernails.

Here's how to annoy an experienced numismatist. Works EVERY SINGLE TIME! Post a picture of a non-descript coin and say "What do you think?" Are you younger collectors TRYING to kill us off by spiking our blood pressure, or what? Tell US what you think YOU see, please?!?!?!? The "passive aggressive" saying nothing while saying something gambit is filling the cemeteries. Ease up, guys, okay?

12. Tyler Graton

Hey man, i think we need to bring you to the doctor. Maybe your blood pressure medication needs to be changed up a bit haha seems like it. No I'm just messing with you. I understand, but this is the internet and you can't expect perfection. I mean an average guy would probably think that you can just show them the coin and they will find what's wrong with it. Like if they don't know how to explain it without feeling like they will sound like an idiot. Or maybe, like me in the past, have learned about machine doubling but wanted to post another picture that I thought was doubled die, but didn't want to be repetitive so I just say "what's this" instead of " is this a doubled die". I mean I totally understand why someone wouldn't post a description, maybe they feel like you guys are smart enough, you should take the descriptionless title as a compliment!!! He probably thought you guys were smart till this happened!! And I understand your point as well, do I agree with it, not all the way. I respect you the same though. As do I do with anyone. the way I feel is just do your best with finding the obvious things. That extra step below the Monticello obvious, it's sad you guys play dumb instead of try to do what you do everyday (look for variety/coins) I mean this with all due respect.

13. Tyler Graton

when a coin is machine doubled usually its machine doubled all over the place in some cases and everything will look a tad bit off.

14. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

The only thing that looks abnormal to me is the bump at the adams apple. Which I would say is caused by an over polished die and the bump is all that is left of this design feature.

15. Tyler Graton

IMG_1862.PNG IMG_1863.PNG
    Lol his mouth is open.

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

t in states maybe

17. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I quite literally can't see ANYTHING noteworthy on this 1979 that cannot be explained by a lighting issue. Might not be lighting, but I can't say so from what I see here. The bottom of the steps in particular is absent any interest.

alurid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted