1979 d penny like new :)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Denise777, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Denise777

Denise777 Member

I found this one today. I almost tossed it with the newer Pennies because how it shined. This is the first copper like new penny I found. It's not brown it's I guess Red. Worth getting graded?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You'd be spending somewhere around $30+ for what would be "at most", if you get lucky, worth a couple of dollars.

Denise777 and Beefer518 like this.
  4. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

Nice coin. Stick it in a 2x2, and enjoy it. Then go buy a nice dinner with the money you didn't waste getting it graded.

Denise777 and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

It's a nice coin and find, but please understand that very few otherwise perfectly collectible coins need and/or will benefit from being graded (submitted). The TPGs do not exist to benefit this hobby or for collectors, but are for-profit businesses more than happy to take your money while offering nothing in return. The only way one should even consider having a coin graded is if doing so will offer something of "value" at least equal to the cost of submission, and can be anything from increased liquidity to independently verified authenticity and everything in between. If it will not, it's a no-go, period.

Submitting coins is akin to a game. Play wisely and you can be rewarded, but play foolishly and you will lose much more than you ever had a chance of gaining. Learning the ropes takes time, so please do stick with it.

Denise777 likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Just because the coin is Red doesn't mean it is worth getting graded. There are other factors that are much more important. What you really should do is learn how to grade coins.

untitled.png

Denise777 likes this.
  7. Don’t submit it. Keep it or gift it to someone born that year. :) TC

Denise777 likes this.
  8. Denise777

Denise777 Member

I really need to post better pics these give it no justice. Time to break out the real camera

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Really, there’s no need.

Draft saved Draft deleted