1978 P 1DO-002 fr this time

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Way, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Please post the results after you have had it officially authenticated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Sorry, yours doesn't match the coppercoins pictures.

4. Way

Way Active Member

5. Way

Way Active Member

6. Way

Way Active Member

7. Way

Way Active Member

8. Way

Way Active Member

9. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

What you are showing is not the same, sorry. The die scratch at the base of the T for example is totally the wrong angle and in the wrong place. When you have a listed die marker, close is not good enough. You are trying too hard to find something

Way likes this.
  10. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Did you match it with the doubling, because that has to match exactly, which this does not.

11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

You're trying too hard. Look for doubling first and markers second. The doubling has to match exactly because it's on the die and the same on every coin. Showing a picture of a notch on a archive photo and then showing your coin with a hit on a different area of that letter isn't a match.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Prove it to them, get it graded.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  13. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Move on to Nickels . Thank You Sir

14. Way

Way Active Member

Plain and simple I think I just have too much magnification. Ha ha im actually putting high grade sets together in all denominations as well as seeking verities in all denominations as well. I don't discriminate but this98th way I don't get bored with it either because I can just search dimes one week, quarters next week ECT ECT. The T is a huge crack that has opened up along the line of the die markes it left. Fallow the line I have marked on the other picture and it runs right along them. Thats what made me think it may not still be in its original form. Im not sayin im right im just trying to figure out my where I went wrong in my approach. I agree the knotching on the R isnt as distinguished as mine. I thought it was the indention at the top of the R looked correct as well however I thought mine prob just more circulated and worn. The E seemed spot on with the lines but seemed worn down too from circulation. I even thought the characteristics of the E just above line was a mach. I am trying too hard huh?? Ha ha

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  15. Way

Way Active Member

I havent been able to work for a year now because a car accident. Have yall ever seen a lion that was wild get captured and caged up. Its horrible his eyes start to glaze over with time. It's because he misses his freedome, independence but most of all he misses the thrill of the hunt. Im a Leo, perhaps my eyes are starting to glaze.

16. Kentucky

Yes

Martha Lynn likes this.
  17. Kentucky

We do have a cat here.

ZoidMeister and Cheech9712 like this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

freedome - is not a word, I have had a few drinks tonight but there is much more to a Doubled die than slight damage to an R that doesn't even have the die chip.
    One big heads up that I can give ya damage is not a die marker. Your die scratches don't even follow the same directions.
    Don't even get me started on the E
    Tell me you are bluffing. We don't lie around here.
    If one of us mis speaks there are plenty to correct her/him.
    Stick around, seeems like you got a good eye for variety's.

Way likes this.
  19. Way

Way Active Member

I havent been able to work for a year now because a car accident. Have yall ever seen a lion that was wild get captured and caged up. Its horrible his eyes start to glaze over with time. It's because he misses his freedome, independence but most of all he misses the thrill of the hunt. Im a Leo, perhaps my eyes are starting to glaze.

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If it was the leg of the "R" you were using as evidence of a DDO, look at the inside loop of the same R on the photo of Coppercoins photo. Yours does not look the same. It is just MD. Sorry. IMO, Jim

Way likes this.
  21. Way

Way Active Member

My girl has a cat. Thats not what I meant, I mean she does has 6 toes on each paw, weird.

ZoidMeister likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted