1978 Nickle

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by yoshu, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I hope I am not driving the new member away. That was not my intention.
    I just keep reading the same types of posts, that if someone used any common
    sense at all, they would never be posted.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yoshu

yoshu New Member

Keep them coming. I have been reporting them all. Thanks!

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Wow, report all you want. You are the one who has been attacking members who gave you real answers. Grow up, seriously.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

This is not necessary and will stop here. You are all welcome to use you own time for this , but do it with 'Conversations" if you must. Not on the forum. Jim

thomas mozzillo and Nyatii like this.
  6. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

7. desertgem

If anyone is thinking of still replying ~ DO NOT. Thanks and have a good evening. Jim

8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

All right, Children. Let's all try to be civil and not force me to send this thread to Purgatory, pretty please?

New people: (in general- not just the author of this thread): please develop thicker skins. Give the forum veterans some respect, even if sometimes it might not have been fully earned. You DO want their help, right? Some of y'alls newbie posts are quite absurd at times. They get tired of that. Oftentimes that's not your fault. Sometimes it is. Oftentimes it makes them rude. That IS their fault.

Veteran members: (I include myself here) please be nicer to the newbs, and cut 'em some slack, OK? Remember when you were a newb? I cringe to remember some of my days as a numismatic newb, then decades later as a newb on various internet forums. Netiquette did not come easily to me. I'm still working on it. I plead with y'all to do the same.

9. lordmarcovan

Aha. @desertgem beat me here, and had it covered quite succinctly while I was typing my overly long reply.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. desertgem

You said it in a much nicer way :) Sometime they are like a forest fire, a few matches and in a hour or so, they will burn down 1000 digital trees with their responses! Jim

Kentucky and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. Nyatii

As we speak, there is a 107,000 acre fire on the other side of the mountain from my cabin.

12. lordmarcovan

Be safe. That's scary stuff. I'll pray for rain.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Nyatii

Thank you. Last report there are almost 1700 people fighting it and it's only 43% contained. 2000 acres from being the largest fire ever in CO. Luckily, I'm on the SW corner from it and it's mostly moving NE.....mostly.

14. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

Man up yoshu..Bud and I have been beaten down like a dirty dog and keep coming back for more pats on the head and a few dog biscuits because these folks are good at what they do..answer questions...welcome to CT
    S20180409_0001.jpg <- Bud recovering

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  15. Bud1 Wilson

Mike you did not do anything wrong...If he wants to see an attack this is the way they look
    S20180418_0002.jpg

16. Robin Scott

Robin Scott New Member

Learn how to spell nickel.

Spark1951 likes this.
  17. Kentucky

Yo do tend to be longwinded...:troll:

18. Kentucky

Think he might be gone, but if not...hey @yoshu don't go away mad. Read back over the posts and I sincerely hope you stay.

19. Bud1 Wilson

Nyatii, has the fire reached you or have you escaped it?
    Scary thing when fire enters your life, sure hope you avoid it.

20. lordmarcovan

You do tend to make understatements. :rolleyes:;)

Kentucky likes this.
  21. Nyatii

So far the fire is northeast of me and as of this morning, 55% contained. However, the parts that aren't contained are on the north going away, and south side, slowly moving my way.

I had put the property up for sale a couple of months ago, and have some people coming out to look at it if it's still there. I will either have to sell them on prime mountain property, or on how they can make a killing selling charcoal.

lordmarcovan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted