Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Brandi Wilson, Feb 21, 2020.
Log in or Sign up to hide this ad.
Welcome to the "hunt". May I ask, how much have searched?
Nothing but rusty rotting coins so far.
I have been coin roll hunting for 2 years
Nothing yet. Even a blind squirrel finds
an acorn occasionally. Keep the spirit of
the hunt. BEST of luck to you in the
1) You need to know what to look for. If you are searching for Wide/Close AMs, you need to be searching the correct dates. Same goes for other varieties.
2) If you are searching for errors, they are few and far between.
3) The reason I asked about how much you have searched: If you've only been searching a few rolls a week for months, that isn't much to go by. Some of us here search hundreds of rolls a week and still don't find that much. I used to search 8 boxes of cents a week. I found a decent amount of cool stuff. But now I'm down to 2 a week and find much less. Just how it works.
4) Don't give up. Keep plugging through and you will eventually find something.
5) Don't expect to get rich off of what you find. You won't. Period.
6) Roll hunting for errors/varieties isn't for everyone. If you are for more instant gratification, it might be best for you to buy the coins you want.
I mean, you do you, but I personally wouldn't search every single coin. That would drive me absolutely nuts.
If I were you, I'd read up on what dates have certain varieties, be it DDO/DDR/RPM/WAM/CAM/etc... I would focus on those and ignore the rest.
As for errors, you just need to know what to look for and learn how to differentiate between PMD and a real variety.
Mike 185. SPOT ON !
Go thru your Red Book and look for
a few different varieties . Make a list if you can't remember them. Pick those
dates out of a roll and check them.
I feel more relaxed already.
Hahaha. Well I don't want to be blamed later down the road if you think you missed something!
The only coins I search for in my cents are
59D RPM, 60D RPM, 60P Small Date, 71P DDO-001, 72- All the DDOs, 83P DDR, 84P DDO-001, 92P&D CAM, 95P DDO, 98P WAM, 99P WAM, 00P WAM.
I am also on the East Coast and realize that "D" mint coins are going to be fewer and farther between and varieties will be even scarcer. I am 100% positive that I am missing smaller things...but to me, it's not worth the time spent searching for it.
I liken my CRH'ing to clear cutting a forest or strip mining a mountain. I hack and slash through the junk to find the one diamond in the rough.
of nickels, 2 rolls of dimes and 2 rolls
of pennies a couple hours ago. Looked
at EVERY blasted one of them. No more of that. Solid advice and I thank you....martha
Nickels I just flip through real fast for date/mm combos.
Dimes I just edge search for silver. I have a hard time seeing the small stuff.
Cents are where it's at for me.
You found us, welcome aboard.
Separate names with a comma.