1978 doubled ear?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Jul 28, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

1438105215675.jpg 1438105248786.jpg 1438105653695.jpg 1438105774682.jpg
    Is this 1978 doubled ear and the mint northeast of the D looks as if it a half of an S.

1438105215675.jpg 1438105248786.jpg 1438105653695.jpg 1438105774682.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I really think you're to the point where you would be doing yourself a favor by investing the time into learning, into trying to TEACH your own MIND if you will, before asking about every other anomaly you find. I certainly don't intend for this to sound mean as there's nothing wrong with asking questions, but I simply think there is a better and more educational (for you) approach. Spend some quality time on doubleddie.com and a few other sites, research coins you may question first, and then when stuck ask the board. Just friendly suggestions all.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

5. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

you might not believe me but I am trying to STOP:sour: but its hard I would need for cointalk to block my account for a couple of months.

6. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Ok Ok, first to many pics of the same coin, not needed, and I agree mit bksb4coins, let's call it valid questioning, as opposed to what's in your pocket, we love questions, and want to help, if my answers frighten you then cease asking scary questions.

7. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

As you guys may be concentrating on the ear.....I may be nuts, but this looks very similar to the DDO at coppercoins.
    My eyes are tired though. Maybe a better pic of Liberty.

8. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

When your are looking up a coin on these sites do you look for the exact same marks or somewhere and around that area?

9. Briboy07

A die marker should be the same pretty much, but if you account for wear and tear some markers may appear a bit different, but that's my opinion.
    If you think you found a close or similar marker/markers it sure doesn't hurt to post a pic and ask.

10. Briboy07

Oh and MM placement can be key and I think it looks similar to. Some of the guys here can do overlays and I can't. They have done it for me before.

Draft saved Draft deleted