1978 D filled penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by chking3, Dec 10, 2017.

1. chking3

chking3 Member

Ok so I cannot figure out how to get a picture of my coin on there, sorry it's probably easy. I have a 1978 penny and the D is filled in. Has anyone seen one before? I found a couple on Google, but it kind of seems back and forth if it is an error.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes I/we have.. thousands
    Could be one of 2 things.. A filled Mint mark which happens with a Die Chip or it took a hit. But without a picture we can't fully determine

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have you tried using "Upload a File" at the bottom of each post? Note: Please use "Full Image" rather than "Thumbnail".

Chris

5. chking3

chking3 Member

6. chking3

chking3 Member

Ok did it come through
    Thank you

7. chking3

chking3 Member

If that is an error is it worth anything?

8. chking3

chking3 Member

I have another question guys. I found a 1916 D dime at a antique shop in town. It is in great shape also. I've read a couple different things about that coin. Is it worth a lot or little? I haven't gotten it I think it's 75$, is it worth it?

9. cpm9ball

Not really!

Chris

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

The 1916D is often counterfeited. Unless you know what to look for, I don't recommend buying it. First of all, if it was real, it would be worth one heck of a lot more than $75.

Chris

11. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

I know this is an old post. But doesn't this look like 2 different mint Mark's "S" and a "D" that's filled.

12. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Joe, I thought so too at first glance. I looked at variety vista and theres nothing listed that I seen. Just coincidence I think.

Joe kool likes this.
  13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That is because of the angle of the lighting.

Joe kool and Oldhoopster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted