1977 " Pennache" R-8+URS-1 Unique double extremely error 1 Museum

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by themansionshop, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

1995 Penny On Dime-Two full dates Obverse-skull break plus crack die variety.

Code:
    [video=youtube;fEcO_Uu4uP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcO_Uu4uP4[/video]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcO_Uu4uP4

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Wow! Something certified by ACG must CERTAINLY be true!

4. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

The two of them should get together, They deserve each other!..............(Ziggy runs out of room pulling hhis hair out......)

5. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

6. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

You have to look at the "U-Tube show" link in the post before mine. It's not a dead horse ... 1977 pennache is dead but the 1995 11 cent piece is alive; ACG swears by it and A.H. would never stear you wrong.

7. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

Bill
    It is a dead horse in that many people here have told him time and time again what he really has and he refuses to listen.

Richard

8. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Bunk-01.jpg

“Do you think this coin 1943D Bronze Lincoln Cent is much more valuable than to 1995 PPenny On Dime-ACG-Mint- Double Denomination Unique?”

In a Word? – YES!

9. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Hey Redwin, you and the Mansionshop should get together and discuss the value of error coins. I think you two have a lot in common.

But please do it via PM's.

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The slab doesn't say it is 2 denominations, it say "Penny on Dime Planchet". To me this is just verifying that (1) the planchet was for a dime, and (2) a cent was struck on it. No other indication.

Jim

11. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Yes it is, Mr. Alan Hager fully explained to me when I asked him with regards of numerical number like MS 67 or Anything to be attached or included on that slabbed. I was told it is not necessary because my coin has no duplicate it is a major dramatic error. Two Full dates 1995 in obverse, VDB, Two Liberty, IN GOD WE TRUST, P Mintmark, plus another error to add on a skull break and a crack die variety. This was happened in Baltimore Coin Show, Maryland on March 2000. Many peoples attend on that show. Too many witnesses when he certified it.

Plus if they fully understand it the Coin Fact Encyclopedia/PCGS.
    http://www.coinfacts.com/error_coins/double_denomination_errors.htm

DOUBLE DENOMINATION ERRORS
    One of the most expensive, popular, and desired types of errors are the double denominations. This error happens when a coin is struck on a previously struck coin of another denomination. Examples are a cent on a struck dime, and a nickel on a struck cent. The most dramatic are those with considerable design visible from the original strike. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ps, Thank You Bill.

12. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

It is not a dead horse, But right now is on auction alive n kicking. Too many peoples here, right, but lack of knowledged with regards of Double Denomination. Just try to understand the Coin Fact encyclopedia that all experts behind it was picked up the Double Denomination is the most EXPENSIVE and POPULAR ERROR, but with my understanding is to be a MAJOR DRAMATIC ERROR like mine....plus additional error a Crack Die Variety on reverse plus skull break on obverse...

Knowledge is a KEY in Numismatist World.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

14. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Bravooo.. I like your Explanation!:thumb:

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

You know Redwin, I like you. You like your coin, and that is great. You are correct knowledge is key to knowing what you have and enjoying this hobby. Its NOT key to economics.

I will describe a coin I own. This poor thing was struck under Justinian, (the great), restruck under Maurice Tiberius, then cut into 4 sections and struck under another Byzantine emperor, then struck for the last time probably under Justinian II. All of these actions has traces on the coin. Value? Maybe 10 bucks.

The economics of the coin is Byzantine errors are so common they make non-error coins garner a premium. Therefor my coin is not worth much.

Your coin is subject to the same economics. SHOULD it be worth more than a 43 on copper? Maybe, but that coin has a longer pedigree and more publicity. I personally find that coin, as well as 44 steel, 55 double date, and others way overpriced. The same argument could be made of my coin though, right? I mean, yours has traces of 2 denominations, mine has traces of 4 different emperors! Still, mine is 10 bucks, and I am ok with that. I never sell coins, but if I did I doubt I would sell it, as it is interesting to me.

I truly believe and hope you keep your coin as long as you collect, since you probably appreciate more than anyone else, so that is where that coin belongs.

Peace,

Chris

16. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Redwin,

Can I ask you how many double denominations errors have you owned over the years?

How many have you sold?

I'd be willing to bet that your answer is 1 and none.

You come here and exclaim things that aren't true... such as "the Double Denomination is the most EXPENSIVE and POPULAR ERROR" when in fact it is neither. I would say by quantity seen on the market that the off center seem to be the most popular. As for being the most expensive... once again... wrong.

You then exclaim that "Knowledge is a KEY in Numismatist World."

0181.pot_calls_kettle_black.jpg

17. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

Just like the OP, redwin117 has tried, for years to become "rich" out of an "error" coin. I don't even read anything they post anymore.

BTW Matt, you are absolutely, 100% correct on the 1 and none part.

18. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

19. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Thank You.

Like other peoples own a valuable coin or love to owned they will not goin to sell it If the PRICE is NOT Right!. I wil love to keep it like some of my other valuable one. As it will remember that Mr. ALAN HAGER invented the slab coin/cards holder now that everyone making money of it. The man with an honored as a geniussis in Numismatist World. The man with Honesty that others peoples is trying to destroy his images which is truly wrong....On the other hand he won on that case on his Favor againts the Big four...Case settled on his Favor...
    Amen.

20. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

It is your own opinion I respect that.... Coin FACT ENCYCLOPEDIA/PCGS http://www.coinfacts.com/error_coins/double_denomination_errors.htm

DOUBLE DENOMINATION ERRORS
    One of the most expensive, popular, and desired types of errors are the double denominations. This error happens when a coin is struck on a previously struck coin of another denomination. Examples are a cent on a struck dime, and a nickel on a struck cent. The most dramatic are those with considerable design visible from the original strike

Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t91730-10/#ixzz1bu5cNgR0

21. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I will take the fact that you didn't answer my question as my assumption was correct.

How did you arrive at the $8.5 million dollar pricetag?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.