1977 " Pennache" R-8+URS-1 Unique double extremely error 1 Museum

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by themansionshop, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themansionshop

themansionshop Junior Member

How about finding me a coin with a missinag part from the observe or reverse and see it on the opposite side! ....find me one....and we are all waiting for the results from " MR knows it all" if i'm correct?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. themansionshop

better look again at the new pictures from my new microscope

4. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I agree with Conder, At MOST this coin is a flip over double strike... It is not a cannoli error or whatever your calling it. I agree it is an error... but it is not rare... Canadian errors from the late 70's are common.

5. themansionshop

Actually sir, now that I have posted the new CLEAR pictures , I think I will keep it raw ...unless one of the best grading Co. ICCS or NGC or PCGS request to have it graded by them...otherwise ...it stays RAW!:yawn:

6. LostDutchman

Can't handle the truth huh???

7. themansionshop

you are on drugs sir or don;t know a thing about canadian coins mint..let me clear you up a bit here...listen and if you do find any Canadian or US or World coin such as the "Pennache" please share it with us....we will be waiting....:eek:...forever probably..
    Let me tell you about why this type of error is unique beside the tricky stunt of the flipover this Penny did when it was striked by the press and missed to print partial of the leaf on the reverse and ended up striking it on the observe .....
    Really most overflipped double striked coin out there are common to see or were, the observe is printed and so is the reverse + that reverse or observe then printed on that opposite side showing then 2 sides on one, but partial print missing and an overflip and struck on reverse is very uncommon or unheard of and this partial missing print is the leaf which ended up in the Queen'shair + that number 7 from the reverse date of 1977 for a total of three 7's and most of
    us knows the definition of that meaning...lucky 7's.
    But then again overflip or broadstuck coins , clips and off centres, double strikes , off-planchets(such as 1 cent design on a quarter cent blank ) coins struckon foreigh blanks or double denominations ( like a 10 cent design on a already struck 1 cent coin )those types were error types a thing of the past. after 1971 when the Winnipeg plant opened his doors. The minting presshad a new state-of-the-Art Press whose feeding striking and ejection mechanisms made some error types obsolete. The new presses, unfortunately for the error collector, eliminated a lot of errors because the mechanical finger-feed mechanism was replaced by a 12 coin feeder that looked like the cylinder of a Smith & Wesson and you know what that means.
    The sides of the chambers of the 12 coin feeders were designed so that blanks could no longer jump out of their slots easily and cause
    overlapping in the striking chamber to create brokerage. Again off-centres became very scarce (R-4 = 76 to 200 examples )if not rare ( R-5 = 31 to 75 examples ) so after 1971 , 1972 and moving forward, the only errors advertised lately are die varieties struck in some quantity , variations resulting from different blank compositions, changes to the Mint logo ( with or without the "W" or the" circle M " logo. or , most involving the two pieces of the $2 coins that overlapped eachother. How accurate are my comments about the scarcity of Winnipeg-produced errors? Well, have you seen a lot of errors lately?, other than the $2 coins?Today , The Mint strikes all circulation coins in Winnipeg with excellent equipment that has very sophisticated feeding and ejection mechanism. The human inspectors were replaced by electronic inspection equipment,which doesn't take coffee breaks and isn't distracted by nearby employees.

8. themansionshop

please sir read what i have left for COndor and share it ...TOGETHERKiss

9. LostDutchman

I didn't even read the second sentence of that delusional rant. haha!

[​IMG]

10. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

I'm trying to figure out why such an expert as yourself is spending so much time trying to convince a bunch of closed mind neophytes as us....oh, wait...you can't find anyone else to agree with you anywhere else, can you?

When EVERYONE else doesn't know what they are talking about maybe its not "everyone else"

11. ziggy9

Companies like PCGS don't go around begging people to let them grade their coins.

12. themansionshop

NO sir, I have been searching pennys for a decade now about, rolls and rolls of penny's and I have been very watchfull of all error out there, US , Canadian and World error ever found and this is a Classic and it is a URS -1(Universal Rarety Scale =1) meaning there are only 1 of it's kind : one mssing part on the reverse(being the leaf) in the "Pennache:with the missing part printed on the observe ( the missing leaf do show on the observe instead with the overflip" amd if you are US resident then i could give you an example:....a 3 legged buffalo with the 4th leg printed on the Indian's head , but the Pennache is far more complicated then that. the mis print of lamination of the leaf is a leaf from the big maple leaf that normally hides the little maple leaf in the background and with this mis print or lamination the little maple leaf is now visible to all which doens't exist really out of all maple minted the small maple leaf is 3/4 hidden + now the missing leaf in striked on the observe ...nicely curved in the Queen's hair + a 7 from the 1977 for a total of 3 X 777

13. themansionshop

Wrong , they do no BEG anyone..if the error is worthy enough than they will offer to have it graded by them

14. ziggy9

trust me, they won't be calling any time soon.

15. themansionshop

that is not the point here, first of all , I have posted pictures that came from my old scanner and come people couldn;t justify the Pennache and second the Pennache have been in my pocession for almost a decade now because I wasn't sure what I had...if it was a common error or not..so I waited and waited to see if anything like it was found and in the time being I have been searchin thousands or Penny rolls ..trying to find something similar and I have also been keeping track of all auctions and all errors Discoveries found and...nothing such as the Pennahce was ever found yet, So I have decided this year of 2010 to finally post it for people to see and admire.

16. themansionshop

............We wil see, I prefer that ICCS takes care of it anyways , they are the most trusted Canadian grading Co. but I have no intention of having it graded by myself ...it looks fine as is...RAW

17. ziggy9

and yet when everyone tells you that the error on this coin is not as rare as you think it is you tell us we are idiots or "on drugs". Its time for you to take a strong dose of "reality"

18. ziggy9

Of course it looks better raw because then you can continue deluding yourself that you have something of extreme value!

19. themansionshop

hello? We are still waiting on your "similar" error........please post for all of US in this thread your finding:bow:

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Sir, that is not a 400X microscope photo, unless Canada made a cent the size of a mintmark. But it is an error. Value close to this listing from George Manz coins for a Canadian cent I am sure, if your is BU.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1969[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip Over Strike and double images on both sides of copper cent. The planchet was struck normally but flipped over and dropped back into the striking chamber instead of being ejected. Struck a second time. MS-60 red. rare.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$250[/FONT]

21. ziggy9

thats a far cry from $200,000!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.