1977 dollar note off center signature

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Sheila Ruley, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Sheila Ruley

Sheila Ruley The short blonde girl

The treasurer signature is almost touching the number 10. Is this considered an error? IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5580.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's a long signature.. It's considered Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :wacky:

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I believe almost all of the 77A's have the same look as yours.....not an error.

[​IMG]

NOS likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Afraid not Shelia. That was normal for Morton's signature.

6. Sheila Ruley

Lol!!!!

7. Sheila Ruley

Oh, ok. I looked up the 1977 note, not with the A. Now I will know that for future reference. Thank you!!

8. Sheila Ruley

Thank you. I didn't know that about the 1977 A series. I just compared it to another 1977. Now I will know better next time. Thank you guys!!

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The only difference between the 1977 and the 1977 A is a different signature appears on the bill.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  10. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Yes, and to be clear Series 1977A would have been Series 1979 but Secretary of the Treasury Miller decided to revert back to the way currency dating had been done up through series 1969D. Series 1977A is also interesting in that blocks and serial numbers did not reset and continued from Series 1977. Adding to the uniqueness of the series, the B-A block was printed at the end of the series and came after the B-L block (which is said to be due to the BEP not having letters above L in their inventory at the time). Series 1977A $1 table info: http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f1977as.html.

Sheila Ruley likes this.
  11. Sheila Ruley

Thank you much for this link. That is pretty neat.

Draft saved Draft deleted