1977-D lincoln Die cracks or ?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Austin-RarestFinds-MM&M, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

They look like scratches

Worth 1 Cent

3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Die Cracks are not cracks on the coin. Die Cracks are cracks on the Die striking the coin. So when the Die strikes the coin the metal from the Blank Planchet flows into the crack and appear raised above the field.

ldhair likes this.
  4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

It appears to be scratches like paddyman98 said.IMO
    Dave

5. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

um I think we need more pics to tell for sure.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

eddiespin likes this.
  6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

agree, scratches...

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

8. Thank you everybody I appreciate the feedback. I believe you and its most likely scratches.
    All though ive been known to be wrong many times, theres just a couple things that dont seem like an ordinary scratch to me.
    And it seems to be raised to the right of the building. The scratches that appear behind the building and a few letters were placed just right to look fascinating atleast :p
    Im adding three more pictures.
    Ruling out die cracks 100%
    What, if any kind of error, could this even be? Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. Im excited to join the community. Capture+_2018-03-24-11-12-47.png

Attached Files:

9. James Keffer

James Keffer New Member

many scratches... agreed. But what caused the "scratch" under the column on the extreme right side?

10. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

There are no scratches "under" the column. It is an optical illusion.
    Could have been anything that caused this damage. It's been banging around for 41 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted