1977 Cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dash, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Dash

Dash Active Member

Good morning lady and gentleman I have a question on this on the reverse side is that considered PMD or over polished or something else thank you. 20170703_124812_HDR.jpg 20170703_124737_HDR.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It looks like a grease filled die to me.

4. Dash

Dash Active Member

I had thought about that but with all the flaking of the metal, that's why I was thinking it was something else.

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I agree its a strike through. I don't see any flaking of metal

6. Dash

Dash Active Member

Hey I really appreciate it that's a shame that picture doesn't show it but that's a beautiful coin. I'm beginning to think this coin roll hunting is a waste of time I think I'll be better off just to go online and buy what I want.

Kentucky and Stevearino like this.
  7. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

If it was easy to find the good stuff it wouldn't be worth anything.

8. Dash

Dash Active Member

I can appreciate that but I'm not throwing in the towel.I like a good challenge I'm getting ready to head to the bank they're not going to like me I got two 5 gallon buckets of pennies that are full so I'm sure they're going to love me.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Does your bank have a coin counting machine? Don't be surprised if the bank tells you that they can't take all of those pennies at the same time.

Chris

10. Over last two years I have searched
    Maybe 100,000 pennies ... Found two Indians 1885 & 1902....500 wheats with a 32 xf being the best...two nice cuds 1988 I put on here yesterday....its all about what could be in there, the hunt is more fun than the find...its awesome getting that penny for a penny...

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Do you know why this is so common in that particular location, at least on cents dating from the late 70's into the late 80's or early 90's?

12. Dash

Dash Active Member

1. Well I have banked within 30 years so they took them they said they'd take 3 days before they can put it in my account.
    2. Yeah the Hunts the fun part hundred thousand pennies wow that's a lot of pennys and time LOL.
    3. No sir I'm not familiar why the 70s 80s and 90 all has that same kind of damage.

13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Me either, educate us.

14. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

If your bank has a coin counting machine since you have so many coins you might want to take the buckets in and leave them to deposit at their convenience so its not a burden on them. My bank does this and deposits it into my account when done and gives me a phone call when they do. They always have 2 people for the coin counter so its less likely for them to skim some off the top..well at least my bank does.

Draft saved Draft deleted