1976 quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Rhonam, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rhonam

Rhonam New Member

I got this nice looking bi centennial in change, I am a newbie so would appreciate help please, on the reverse, through all lettering by rim is squiggly, would this be pmd? Is this doubling on the obverse and if yes, where can I find information on it as I only find on the Denver mint and if there is any value

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

The doubling you are seeing on the obverse is from a worn die, die deterioration doubling (DDD). The line around the outer rim of the reverse is PMD caused by a coin rolling machine. Here are a couple of good sites.
    http://doubleddie.com/
    http://varietyvista.com/index.htm

Spark1951, paddyman98 and yakpoo like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

DEFDAM - Definitely Damaged.
    Crimper damage. That Quarter was at the end of the paper roll Reverse side facing out when it was damaged.
    semacon-cm-65-crimper.jpg

Rhonam and Danomite like this.
  5. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

That’s a fantastic picture. Everyone needs to see that before they think about buying old BWR from the bay!

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The doubling is from a tired worn die and it has been damaged on the reverse.

Rhonam likes this.
  7. Long Beard

Long Beard Well-Known Member

Which is why I laugh at the number of bidders on rolls of those W quarters. The seller takes them out and rewraps them since the banks have become wise to this madness of customers buying boxes only to return them. Suckers!!

Rhonam likes this.
  8. Rhonam

Rhonam New Member

Thank you

Danomite likes this.
  9. Rhonam

Rhonam New Member

Thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted