1976 LMC Collector's Cent?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by donwall57, Jun 4, 2016.

1. donwall57

donwall57 Active Member

I found this 1976 (nmm) with the soccer player, I think. From what I learned it was from the '76 Montreal,Canada game with Argentina.
    I this a good ebay thing, or does anyone else collect these? It's in great shap and appears to have some type of doubling with date, LIBERTY, and IGWT. Your feedback is deeply appreciated.
    Thanks---DMW 1976 lmcsoccerstamped.jpg scan0003.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I believe the doubling you see is mechanical doubling which adds nothing to the value.

I'm not sure about the reference to the Olympics. It looks more like a field goal kicker in a football game, but then, people can come up with whatever explanation they want. There are people who collect such things, but there is no way to predict what it is worth. It depends on how many bidiots are chasing it.

Chris

dwhiz likes this.
  4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Sure is a field goal kicker you can even see the goal post.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yeah, and soccer players don't wear shorts that look like football pants.

Chris

dwhiz likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Another novelty penny which can be bought brand spanking new for $1.00 or less, depending on the number you wish to purchase. This is the "football". They make lots of different designs. :)

7. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

1976 was a bad year for doubled dies. There really aren't any worth talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted