1976 dual mad

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tatter tott, Dec 15, 2020.

1. tatter tott

tatter tott Active Member

I found this dual mad in a coin roll today the coin it's self ant in the best shape but their is some kind of line like going to the mint Mark was just wondering about what would do that is it something that happens when a a dual mad happens or is that something different any help I can get something I've not seen yet like I said the coin it's self is not in the best shape wish it would have been better.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tatter tott

4. tatter tott

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Please explain what you mean by "dual MAD".

The mark to the right of the mintmark appears to be a light smudge or gouge, nothing else.

7. tatter tott

I am going off what some one else's on here told me if the lines that run all the way across the coin on both sides is called a dual mad.

8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything that I would consider to be MAD on your coin.

9. tatter tott

Maybe I have it messed up with something different but both sides of the coin has what it looks like is a thousand lines running through the coin maybe if I would have tilt the coin some it would show up better I'm getting a bunch of these coins but most the time it's all on one side off the coin not both sides I found a 1982 d copper cent with the lines on both sides early pretty cool coin I'm pretty sure Paddy man is the one told me about the mad and the dual mad I'm pretty sure he was he has been pretty honest with me about my coins I'm sorry you can't see it maybe if I would tilt it a little bit it would been better but I promise it's their I figured if you blowed the picture up you could get a good picture cause both sides are pretty dark from all the lines most the time one side will be really good and the other side is really hard to see it's really light lines I have to look really hard to see and it in my hand.

10. cpm9ball

If you want to get paddyman98 to join in this conversation, you need to tag him like this..... @paddyman98 ......If you don't do it exactly as I have shown, it won't work. After you have completed your post and clicked on Post Reply, it will show in your post underlined and in blue.

11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

DEF-DAM spelled backwards is mad-fed . . . .

Z

DarkRage666 and spirityoda like this.
  12. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I think he means dual woody

13. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

not a misaligned die...

14. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

You might be confusing it with someones explanation of an improperly annealed planchet or woody

15. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

A woody happens because of improperly mixed alloys. The wood grain appearance goes all the way through the material. So, you should see the grain on both sides. Some are not as clear, but the mixture is the same all the way through.

16. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

**Sigh** :depressed:

Hey Chris.. Thanks. I actually saw this thread when he posted it. I just didn't have a response at that moment. The story is that he had another thread before this one asking if it was possible for a coin to be MAD on both sides. I mentioned that it would be a Dual MAD but that he needed to post pictures. That's how this thread came to be.

Oh and..
    Dual MAD - Dual MisAligned Die Strike. Would be on both sides.
    Here is info - http://www.error-ref.com/dual-misalignment-of-both-dies/

But I'm not seeing it on the Cent in question. Just a very minor misalignment which is super common on Cents.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  17. cpm9ball

Check!

paddyman98 likes this.
  18. tatter tott

Thanks Guy's for real that clears up a lot of stuff I really appreciation you Guy's I'm trying to learn all I can I go through a lot of coins in a days time I would be afraid to put a number on it so I see a lot of different things I try to look up different types off errors that you Guy's have sent me but I get stuck I have 2 1969 s Penny's that I've put up some were that I will probably post later own I can't even rember what I've done with them I got to dig theme out their probably nothing their just want make sure I found both off them in the same coin roll I've been finding some s Penny's here and their I found a 1944 I believe the 9 on it is double die in front of the 9 is a another line and the hook part don't look right I will just take a picture off it some time today. Every body have a great day if you are looking at coins to day good luck hope you find what you are looking for.

19. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

20. tatter tott

I don't think I've heard of you thinks for saying huh Amos 811 have a great day I think I will take a picture off this 1944 looking through some Penney roll's right now not found much got a really nice 1968 really nice 1982 d large date with the Woody look on both sides the front is really noticeable but the back is really light don't think my camera phone will take a good enough picture were you can see it I don't even know you can see what I see on this 1944 for real it takes pretty good pictures just can't get that crisp look I need I will try. Give me a few minutes to dig it out I put it up some were last night I have a lot of coins in front of my face laying every were every thing I got is in plastic I keep a lot of old coins that I find in roll's going through roll's is the only way to go some times you will find some that are mint their not a 70 but they would go a long ways up the grade scale I have a lot that are 55 or better not worth to much not less I find a error on theme.

21. tatter tott

Give me a minute I will get that 44 out their were you can give me what you all think the back off the Penny has a lot of wear on it but the front looks a little bit better but that 9 it looks different I see another line coming in front of the nine and the hook also looks double or something it's really fat lot thicker than the other 5 I have I was just curious about it it may not be nothing might be just another 1944 .

Draft saved Draft deleted