1976 Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar Type 2 no mint. (Please help me make sense of this

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Xperfectx, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Xperfectx

Xperfectx Forgive me, I am new here and curious.

I have been reading and reading about this supposed elusive and rare 1976 Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar Type 2 no mint.

Here is an article from PCGS:

https://www.pcgs.com/News/The-Unique-1976-Philadelphia-Eisenhower-Dollar

So, am I missing something here or does this 1776-1976 Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar Type 2 with no mint, fit the description? If so, making this coin exstreamly rare?

My apologies if I have overlooked any fundamental elements that would allow me to answer my own question. Generally speaking, before I openly ask any question, I try answer it myself first. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Sorry, no. You are missing one important fact, the valuable coin is a proof. Yours is clearly a circulation strike.

4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

The 1976 type 2 (no mintmark = Philly) business strike, had over 113 million pieces struck.

capthank likes this.
  5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Philly has no mint-mark ...

capthank likes this.
  6. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Yep, this is a type 2 business strike, not a proof. Very clear, informative article. Now I have to check my proof sets...Spark

ZoidMeister and capthank like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a Philadelphia coin for circulation, type 2. Not a proof and well over 100 million of them were minted.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

In my opinion, just like many, we all have one, I don't think you need to apologize for anything. I think you attempted due diligence and just didn't see the difference between a business strike and a proof. Keep on looking and post when, like this coin, you have a question you were unable to answer after due research. That's what this forum is about, IMHO.

Randy Abercrombie and l.cutler like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted