1976 $2 with Stamp

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SensibleSal66, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

It just so happens that I had an appointment with my doctor today. I shared this site with him. He told me that it was hardly unlikely that the small amount on the one dollar bill would have made you react so strongly. I don't believe you made this up, but I believe there is more to the story. Due to a debilitating injury, I have been on Fentanyl patches for 15 years. We know that part of the story of Michael Jackson's death, that he was on a significant amount of Fentanyl. Judging from your reaction, you must be clean from any narcotic and are very fortunate to be alive. Good health to you and be careful how you handle currency. A friend of mine has a small convenient store and he wears surgical gloves while handling coins and currency.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

@Jim Dale I think you posted in the wrong thread.

4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Here's my 'Bicentennial' postmarked $2 bill

IMG_20201123_164417720.jpg

5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Whoops! Sorry. I better keep my fingers doing something else for a while. Thanks for keeping me straight.

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I just remember again the fact I still have my Note that will always remind of my Father who died in '92. Our Parade was so huge and there widespread parties . There were Fireworks and people actually got arrested for justice of the peace . LOL

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

8. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Have a friend whose wife wipes down all their paper money with a disinfectant spray saturated cloth daily, and washes all the change too. Plus she wipes the credit/debit cards after every use and lets no one touch them.

9. Bill Dong

Bill Dong New Member

From Google(ing) "1976 $2 with stamp...

Why is there a postage stamp on my 2 dollar bill?
    Re: $2 bill with post office stamp

Actually, the $2.00 bill had Jefferson's image on it and April 13 was his birthdate. So to prove first day of issue (which was on his birthday, during the bicentennial celebration-1976), postage stamps were affixed to the bill and then the PO would hand cancel the stamp.... Mar 6, 2007

10. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

By then you'll have to have so many stamps on it, you won't be able to see the note. The USPS is in as bad or worse shape than the Mint.

11. Rugerpit

Rugerpit Member

No stamp but here's mine. No folds great condition. 2 dollar bill.jpg

Legomaster1 likes this.
  12. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Active Member

Message_1606610309882_(1).jpg
    Here's mine

Legomaster1 likes this.
  13. Preif18

Preif18 Member

I was lucky my sister worked in a bank, so I was able to get ten $2.00 bills in numbered order and took to Post Office to get stamped. Don’t know if worth anything but nice keepsake. It was the thing to do back then.

Draft saved Draft deleted