1976 $2 Dollar Bill w/ Stamps

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 49ers, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

Back in 1976 (Bi-Centennial Year) the BEP re-issued $2 FRN's. It was a fad to get them dated or otherwise embossed. If the bill is from circulation, it probably isn't worth the trouble to find out any value other than $2 as collectors like the Uncirculated specimens for their collections.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Not to be too particular but Series 1976 $2 FRN notes were actually the first $2 FRN notes to have ever been printed by the BEP. Prior to this series, all $2 notes had been "red seal" United States Notes (at least officially named as such starting with Series 1875).

4. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

Gotcha, you caught me with that tidbit of info...

5. Olivia SFT

Olivia SFT New Member

I have 10 $2.00 bills stamped with the Liberty bell stamp and postal cancellation from Downy, CA. edited - forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
  6. Chris Branham

Chris Branham New Member

I found a excellent condition 1976 $2 dollar bill with full 13 cent stamp postmarked from Big Flatts, NY USPO Dated April 13th 1976 serial numbers B 06178092 A and I am looking to find out what its worth and possibly sell it

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’m guessing $3-$7 if uncirculated (fold free). It’s possible if a collector from Big Flats wants it, maybe more.

8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Cool, I used to live in Big Flats, NY (next to Horseheads NY, and just down the road from Painted Post, NY), years ago.

As Steve said, it might be worth a couple bucks above face value if crisp. If I remember correctly, 4/13/76 was the first day of issue. Many people got notes from the bank and went to the PO, bought a stamp and had them postmarked (there may have been some type of promotion encouraging it, but that is beyond the capacity of my long term memory). So there are lots of notes available.

Not interested in the note, just thought it was an interesting "small world" connection

Draft saved Draft deleted