1976 $2 Dollar Bill w/ Stamps

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 49ers, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Michael De Peri

Michael De Peri New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

And they're still not there as of my 2003A series. Conn. never followed up on their concerns?

4. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

The only one I have in my collection; postmarked July 4, 1976 Richmond, VA
    [​IMG]

jester3681 likes this.
  5. chris43

chris43 New Member

what if it has a actual stamp on i

6. chris43

chris43 New Member

What if it has post stamp and how much is the stamp from 1976 perfect condition

7. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I think they mean lower the premium if any applied?

8. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

Awesome !!!

9. Dennis Hannon

Dennis Hannon New Member

I have a set of 25 in sequence,stamped, postmarked, uncirculated. Tell me more about their value.
    Dennis hannon
    hannons@cox.net

10. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Need more information - Which Federal Reserve District and which stamps?

11. Bgerth89

Bgerth89 New Member

I have a 1976 $2 bill that was stamped on inauguration day Jan 20 1977 in Plains, GA, Jimmy carter's birth place/ residence.70% of the stamp is gone but the ink stamp is in great condition

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Chris

13. Larry Wilkes

Larry Wilkes New Member

I have 9 two dollar bills same sequence 1 trough 9 with the martinsburg WV post mark but no stamp E11534451A any value

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Larry!

You would be better off if you started a new thread in the "Paper Money" forum since this thread goes back to 2011 and has had almost no participation in the last two months.

I would also suggest that you include some photos because condition is an important factor in determining value.

Chris

15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Something is worth only what somebody is willing to pay, to the right collector
    Maybe but for the most part just the cool factor on these

16. Bob Jacobson

Bob Jacobson New Member

I own 50 x $2 in series with stamps affixed with postmarks (from Topsail Beach, NC) to the first and last notes, with the remaining 48 untouched which I got at face value many years ago. I would probably sell them at face value. I have an additional note stamped and postmarked Bladensburg, MD. I have mixed feelings about these because I appreciate the fact that the US has never issued "commemorative" paper money; although I also collect stamps and coins, I get disgusted at all the commemorative items issued mainly to be collected rather than used. (I like dimes for this reason!) I'm much more interested in the ordinary coins and definitive stamps found in everyday change period and seen on most mail, respectively, of a given period of time.

17. cth350

cth350 New Member

And some guys, like my Uncle Tony, were able to get the bills early. Here's the April 12th bill I got for my stamp(!) collection.

-CTH

Attached Files:

18. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

I do not like paper money with stamps attached, date mark and or with signature signed. Just like being multilated. Also the date mark is not professionally stamped.

19. MRUGGS

MRUGGS New Member

I came across your post. My father in-law has one of the $2 bills with the philadelphia post mark. Just one unfortunately. Is there any value in just one?

20. PattyAnn

PattyAnn New Member

Hi, I too have two - $2 bills, consecutive issued numbers both postmarked April 13th, 1976 and stamped in Philadelphia with the stamp Spirit of 76" Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Might they be of interest to a collector? They have be in a frame under glass since the day I got them. I worked at a Federal Credit Union inside the DPSC and all us workers were getting them.

21. Debbie B.

Debbie B. New Member

Hi. I have a Boston Massachusetts $2 bill issued in 1976; however, the bill has a Continental Congress embossed seal on the left side of the bill. I have not been able to find any information regarding this bill. Any help would be appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted