1975 Roosevelt S-Less? Dime?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Westy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Westy

Westy New Member

Hi guys & gals,

I'm new here, as you can probably see! :)

I've been asked by a family member, who doesnt have access to the Internet, to try and find the value of a coin he was given some time ago. He was told it was a 1975 Roosevelt S- less Dime, this means nothing to me, so I instinctively sought out the best coin experts on a forum I could Google :)

Any help and guidance is much appreciated, thank you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thecoin

thecoin New Member

We will need a picture to help

4. Westy

Westy New Member

Thank, just trying to figure out how to do it off my phone :/

5. thecoin

thecoin New Member

I don't think you can, I have tried on my iPad, but you have to save it, and then acces it again to post it

6. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

Upload the picture to an imaging hosting website and then copy and paste link here.

7. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

You would have a very valuable coin if it came out of a Proof Set and does not have an 'S' mintmark.

However, if it is a Business Strike coin (meant for circulation) then it is a common, ordinary dime that is worth ten cents.

Please post a good photo so we can see what you have there.

8. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I am assuming it is a proof coin?

9. Westy

Westy New Member

10. lonegunlawyer

I only know of the no "S" 1975 proof dime, but yours does not look like it a proof coin.

11. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

It's a Philadelphia strike. The proof dime with no S mint mark is the one that carries the value.

Proof U.S. coins can be distinguished by the square rims on the coin, and the mirror fields. The business strikes, which yours is, have rounded rims.

12. Westy

Westy New Member

That's brilliant thank you! ...I can tell him not to put it on ebay and to stop looking at luxury cruises ;)

13. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

+1

And :welcome: to CT.

14. Westy

Westy New Member

And thank you for your kind welcome :)

15. lonegunlawyer

Please do not hesitate to visit frequently.

16. Victoria B

Victoria B New Member

i also have a 1975 s-less dime. do i need to create my own post for it? i am new to this and don't want to be rude on someone else post.. tia

17. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Usually it would make sense in such a case to create a new topic. Then again, some of the earlier posts here may already be helpful: Problem is that any regular circulation dime dated 1975 will have no mint mark if it was made in Philadelphia. (Starting in 1980 or so, the Philly coins got a "P".) So it is very likely that your coin is a - quite possibly shiny and well preserved - Philadelphia dime ...

Christian

Victoria B likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted