1975 proof coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by james candelaria, Jul 21, 2019.

?

I have 1975 dime

1. Unlimited

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. As many responses I get

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. james candelaria

james candelaria New Member

My wife's have a coins, she got form his grandfather is thier any one can help me out about this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. james candelaria

james candelaria New Member

I have 1958 wheat lincoln penny and 1975 dime.

Attached Files:

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Not a single proof coin in there. You've got some silver and a piece of gold, however, which is nicer.

Merged the two duplicate threads.

Your poll doesn't make any sense.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The Dimes and Quarters minted after 1964 are Clad and worth face value.
    anything 1964 and before are silver and worth silver melt.
    The picture with the 2 dark Dimes are Environmental Damage to the clad layer.
    All your Wheat Cents are common.
    The 1879 Gold looks promising. but I don't know anything about value for it.

6. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

The coins are common for the most part, Except the gold, if its real would be the first thing to find out, may be more common to find fakes in foreign nations. nothing against that, but just the language barrier makes me think that along with others being common coinage.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

X2

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

What is your intent with the coins @james candelaria? Are you just trying to find out the value for resale or do you need some other suggestions for keeping them for the future? We can help with both!

Spark1951 likes this.
  9. Guy Ferguson

Guy Ferguson Member

I would like to see a close up of the obverse and reverse of the gold coin, then we could see what it is and what it might be worth. All the dates that I can see on the Kennedy Half's are all worth saving, 64=90% silver, 65-70=40% silver, might not be worth much in our lifetime, but worth passing down to the younger collector. I down loaded the picture with all the coins and tried enlarging it and I think the gold coin might be a Quarter Eagle by the size of it. We need to see both sides of the gold coin to determine what it is and if it has a mint mark. Pictures are hard to judge by, I use a high resolution scanner and with a coin that size, I am able to scan at 9600 dpi. Depending on condition, a "S" mint mark could increase the value to more than $3,000 over the coin with no "S".

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  10. John Dunkle

John Dunkle New Member

Look for a mint mark on the gold quarter eagle gold piece. On the reverse near the bottom. Its worth more then the rest combined.

11. John Dunkle

John Dunkle New Member

The gold quarter eagle, depending on condition could be worth between $400.00 and $600.00. It was only minted in Phila or San Francisco.

12. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

need a pic of the reverse of the gold piece!

13. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Ya know what you have to take into consideration, is this website is on the world wide web (lol duh) , people will try to bait someone into being interested into a fake piece, Do you think someone would put real gold in with chump change. well, I doubt its real. don't be foolish. John you stick around this website a while, you wont belive the people who try to get pointers on how to make a fake coin more real. they want experts to view the coin to adjust the fake copy. to take advantage of American consumer.

14. John Dunkle

John Dunkle New Member

Oh that quarter eagle was real. Phonies are easy to spot, but i dont think his intentions were to sell it or the other stuff he showed. I would'nt buy a coin from an unknown source anyway.

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

No one should be judging that gold coin as real or fake without seeing good closeups.

16. John Dunkle

John Dunkle New Member

True.

17. Guy Ferguson

Guy Ferguson Member

If that quarter Eagle is in MS, it's worth way more than $400-$600 especially if it's has a "S" mint mark but $400-$600 is what an average coin would get you, really need higher quality pics, front and back. The picture is too grainy to tell much at all about the coin. I downloaded the pics and when trying to enlarge, it pixelated. (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1975-proof-coin.343031/)

18. John Dunkle

John Dunkle New Member

its always best to have them incapsulated and graded by the ANACS for one. That way it eliminates any guess work and makes it easier to sell.

19. PaNT3rA

PaNT3rA Active Member

I'm going to have to agree with this post, since the OP hasn't responded once to his own thread.

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

That Quarter Eagle is nowhere near MS

21. Guy Ferguson

Guy Ferguson Member

No question about that, I like my slabs

Draft saved Draft deleted