1975 dime no "s" mint mark

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by dewy221, Jan 26, 2011.

1. dewy221

dewy221 New Member

well i was going through coins today and found a no mintmark 75 dime im going to try to post a pic there are supposed to be only a few in circulation and very rare any help or thoughts would be appreciated

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

4. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

+1

5. Sorry dewy221, but you're mistaken. You must be thinking of the 1982 Roosevelt Dime without a mintmark. Those are listed in the 2011 Redbook as $225 in MS-65

6. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

There are only two or three of the '75 No-S proof dimes known and the last one sold about $50,000 I believe. (this might just be an estimated price).

If one did get into circulation you could still differentiate it from the circulation strike made in Philadelphia by the square rims and better detail. It would keep some of it's luster all the way down to VF.

7. Agreed.

8. Gwendylo Martin

Gwendylo Martin New Member

My boyfriend received some coins from his Grandfather who collected all mint proof coins during the 70's and 80's and he has all mint proof 1975's... with mint mark s & d and 1 with no mint mark. Iv done a lot of research on it and some post are right about their being only 2 found which they went for a lot of $$$$ depending on the grade. Coin world has a great article on the 1975 coin's also the article mentions a auction house in New York who sold 1 of those coin's for $349.000.00 yes the 0's are right :) Do your research and im sure you can get a good amount of $ for the coin. Good luck. EDITED: no emails on message for privacy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  9. brandi83

brandi83 New Member

I have a 1975 no mint dime. Who should I contact for proffessional help. I have taken it to a local coin buyer and it seemed strange to me that he said it was not what I thought it was. Yet he offered me $25 for the dime.

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

You can post a picture, but if it came from circulation there is virtually no chance it is anything other than a normal dime. If it came from a proof set then it may be the valuable one.

11. Anthony GT

Anthony GT New Member

I got ,3 ,1975 no S dimes. An 1977,an66 no mint dime. If the 75 is a error.an they say there only two or three.so how can mine be not real?

In

12. Anthony GT

Anthony GT New Member

1975;
    1966;1965;1967;1968;1971;1979. I have this dimes with no mint mark an no S

13. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Real but not rare. The proof coins missing the s mintmark are the rare ones. Circulation coins without a mint mark just means they were made in Philadelphia
    and they were made by the millions so worth only face value.

14. Trevorjesus

Trevorjesus New Member

I am 12 and I have one of these Dimes, how much should I ask for so the person at the pawn shop counter will take me seriously

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Welcome to Coin Talk! Keep in mind that "regular" circulation quality dimes without an S are normal - it's just the proof coins without it that are worth more than face value ...

Christian

mikenoodle likes this.
  16. LuxUnit

LuxUnit Well-Known Member

This is happening on a few pages. It seems one person asks a very obvious question thinking they have a million dollar coin then several other new accounts claim they have the same coin which is obviously worth face value.

I feel like someone is trying to be funny creating a bunch of troll accounts.

17. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

This is more fun than watching a sitcom! If you people know these are rare and worth a lot of money, why are you asking advice on CoinTalk? Put the pictures up if you really want people to give you advice.

Trevorjesus and LuxUnit like this.
  18. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

His profile states he is 17 and he said he's 12 :facepalm:

19. Trevorjesus

Trevorjesus New Member

Thank you

20. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

You might want to edit your post.

21. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I see your point @paddyman98 . No 12 year old should use that language!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted