1975 Canadian Cent Double 19 & Canada

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

A019 - 20150328_092458 (2)-horz.jpg A008 - 20150328_083214 (2).jpg A013 - 20150328_085747 (2).jpg A015 - 20150328_091050 (2).jpg Heres a couple of images with some overhead lighting A007 - 20150328_081649 (2).jpg A009 - 20150328_085708 (2).jpg

KurtS likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Sorry, Rick, I don't see any doubling.

Chris

4. Rick Stachowski

The doubling runs west to east, theres no die chip inside that " 9 " thats the doubling going on..

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't see any die chip and I still don't see any doubling.

Chris

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I agree with Chris.

7. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

Where's the doubling?

8. furryfrog02

On another coin :p

Wheatmaster101 likes this.
  9. Rick Stachowski

10. furryfrog02

If I'm looking at their pics correctly, the doubling is to the left of the 1 and 9.

11. Rick Stachowski

Correct, west to east ..

12. furryfrog02

I definitely don't see that on your coin Rick

13. Rick Stachowski

Its there, maybe a little stronger too, lighting just covering the left side of the " 1 " I tried to catch the movement from left to right on the doubling of the " 9 "

14. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

It's important to remember here you're not looking at an American cent...the dies wear differently ;) On the pics above, I see a thickening or shadow on the "19". A lot of these doubled dates are described as deterioration doubling. For a few I'm not as sure myself--because I would expect deterioration to affect all the digits. Here's another pic of the "doubled 19". Notice there's similar doubling on "CANADA"?

[​IMG]

Here's doubling on other dates--probably more die deterioration...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Rick Stachowski likes this.
  15. Rick Stachowski

Thanks for showing up KurtS, I see a lot of what your talking about ( die deterioration, or die deterioration doubling ) on canadian cent, but this one isn't that, you can see the movement inside of the " 9 " and yes, its only on the 1 & 9, not the 7 & 5 .. I'll take some images of " Canada " This could be the real deal ( DDO )

16. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

Hmm...maybe. :) On the '75 I posted, notice how the "doubling" is on the base of CANADA, while on the left of the "19"? On a doubled die, I would expect to see doubling in a direction that's consistent for both areas. In other words, both the date and CANADA would be rotated around a common axis. OTOH, die deterioration wears towards the rim of the coin, which goes in different directions according to where the letter or date is on the coin. Just something I've noticed on Canada cents and nickels.

Draft saved Draft deleted