1974s penny and 1974 penny rolls

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by MatrixMP-9, Oct 17, 2018.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I just got to rolls of 1974S and 1974P pennies. I think both were uncirculated as they have very little signs of normal wear. They all look the same color too. Is there any particular variety or anything you guys can tell me to be looking for as I scope these? I look on wexlers and this date has a list a mile long. I will go nuts with that trying to find all the varieties. some of you have incredible experience so I thought I'd ask if there is any particular variety you think I might be looking out for????

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

1974 was a pretty lame year for errors for cents. There are two doubled dies for 1974 P, one reverse and one obverse. I don't know of anything for the 1974S except possibly minor things like chips, cracks and clashes. You can check directly thru www.doubleddie.com

Dave363 likes this.
  4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I think 1974 has a thin and thick "7" variety. Not sure where info is, or if it has any value. I think it falls into that slot with the 1928 small "S". No one cares.

5. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

1974S is considered a better date as far as original rolls of Lincoln cents go. I personally recommend to keep it intact after you look them over.

6. MatrixMP-9

Go figure...I get 74s that are boring lol. Ahh, its the year I was born so I will probably hang on and put them away. What I like about them is without sounding cheesy is that they are "pretty" looking coins all together. They all have the same golden reddish hue so there is something appealing looking about them when I spread them out on the table. It would be cool to make an end table out of them with like a penny top with glass over.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. MatrixMP-9

There were a few other dates but the 72s have that great gold/red color. 74.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted