1974 Washington Quarter Value Confusion

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyricfive, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

I'm confused as to the value of a 1974 Washington quarter as I see some that sold for several hundred dollars up to almost a thousand on eBay and others that are only worth a couple dollars and up. What would make one more valuable than the other? The ones that sold for a lot did not seem to have anything special about them. Also can somebody give an idea about what this one that I have might be worth? Thanks in advance for all your knowledge.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Sure you don't mean etsy?1974 is a very common date were they certified?very scarce in 67 and above grades.Your example looks to be in low ms so maybe a few bucks at the most.

4. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

No take a look at sold items for this quarter on ebay. I don't get it. Thanks.

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Ok i see,one word(bidiots)just ignore sales like those.

6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

the ones that got up to the $1000 area are MS67 and top population PCGS graded examples. the couple hundred dollar ones are graded MS66. or NGC MS67.

Everything else is a couple bucks.

tommyc03 and LakeEffect like this.
  7. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

There actually are a couple normal circulated coins that are listed as sold, one for $700 and one for $900. Notice the $700 one was relisted and never got a bid, I am sure other one is something similar. I am sure they did not actually sell for these prices.

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Value for yours is 25¢. better luck next time! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted