1974 S double die obverse & Reverse

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Patrick Higginbotham, Mar 20, 2019.

1. 20190214_201956.jpg 20190214_222046.jpg 20190214_222046.jpg 20190214_222023.jpg 20190214_201956.jpg Hello every one , I posted a 1974 S. Lincoln cent that is double die obverse,& DDR ,AND WAS WANTING SOME INFORMATION on any thing & everything I could get on it,cause I haven't found another exactly like it any where and was wondering if it could be possibly a discovery coin.& Any possible ideas on a value.my sincere apologies for the poor picture quality.so here are a few pics that may help see detail better ,I'm rather new at this error coin hunt,& wanna say thanks for any & all help advice, remarks & the patience,etc...

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't see any doubling on your 1972..
    What do you know about Doubled Die varieties? How long have you been trying to find one? Have you studied enough to know the difference between a true Doubled Die and worthless doubling such as Mechanical doubling and Die Deterioration Doubling?

Study this website - http://doubleddie.com/

Stevearino likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

"......you can't make him drink!"

PlanoSteve, Stevearino and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

How about some images of the date with the mint-mark .
    I'm not looking for a DDO, either ......

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Where do you think you see doubling? I can't even see DDD or mechanical doubling in those photographs. Just a normal 1974 S cent.

7. Chmcc77777

Chmcc77777 Lucky777

I just found one yesterday and the other members sent me some links to go to because I was in the same boat

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not seen any signs of doubling. FYI, the correct term is doubled die.

Draft saved Draft deleted