1974 Quarters No Mint Mark

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MaryAnn Bacon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. MaryAnn Bacon

MaryAnn Bacon New Member

I have been rolling pennies and empting change out of my purse, and I also aquired a 1974 Quarter No Mint Mark. I am a newby really new because I have never checked my coin before. If anyone knows about this quarter I would be grateful for any information. I also, came across a 1958 D Penny yesterday. And, a 1966 dime and 1967 dime with no mint mark. I am not a collector just empting out stuff to deposit in the bank. Thanks for your help.

Dv8one likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

Coins with no mint mark were made in Philadelphia. The ones with a small d are from Denver and a small s San Francisco. Any with a P mintmark are from Philadelphia also. You would want to keep any silver dimes or quarters dated 1964 or earlier, and should be fine taking anything else to the bank.

DMac and MaryAnn Bacon like this.
  4. MaryAnn Bacon

MaryAnn Bacon New Member

Thank you for your help.

DMac likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood, MaryAnn!

You might want to consider getting yourself a copy of the "Red Book" of US Coins. It provides a wealth of information about every coin that has ever been used in the US since colonial times.

https://www.whitman.com/store/Inventory/Browse/Whitman-Books

Chris

DMac likes this.
  6. MaryAnn Bacon

MaryAnn Bacon New Member

Thank You Chris, I am planning a trip to Nevada Coin in Carson City soon I will look into the Redbook of US Coins. This is so much fun I don't plan on getting rich for sure but, this beats the TV all to heck.

7. JohnD2020

JohnD2020 New Member

So no coins were made anywhere else for
    Since this is old I am adding this link for a better explanation of no mint marks for
    1965, 1966, And 1967.

https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/mint_marks/

8. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

Also the "W" mint mark from West Point Mint.

Draft saved Draft deleted