1974 quarter possible mint error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by saywhy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. saywhy

saywhy New Member

Yes we have mint police here don't know about in England but here yes sir....

United States Mint Police
    Established in 1792, the United States Mint Police is one of the oldest federal law enforcement agencies in the nation. Responsible for establishing the standard "As secure as Fort Knox," our officers continue to meet that standard everyday. The U.S. Mint Police are responsible for protecting over $100 billion in Treasury and other Government assets stored in facilities located at Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; West Point, NY; Denver, CO; Fort Knox, KY; and our headquarters in Washington, DC.
    Today, U.S. Mint Police Officers have the primary responsibility for protecting life and property, preventing, detecting, and investigating criminal acts, collecting and preserving evidence, making arrests, and enforcing Federal and local laws.
    [​IMG]
    24 hours-a-day the Mint Police safeguard over 2,800 U.S. Mint employees, thousands of visitors and $100 billion in gold, silver and coinage ​

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

I see our little "friend" is back.

The one who was advertising error coins on eBay but wanted YOU the potential buyer to tell her what to look for in determing the error. Also made these long winded, inane posts that basically said nothing much, and loaded with pre-junior high errors in grammer.

4. froggycoins

froggycoins Member

Thanks for the information ! Just wandering if they operate overseas ( currently i am living in France and not in England BTW )

5. saywhy

saywhy New Member

Thank you for the good luck, and I hope you have some great finds in your time...

6. saywhy

saywhy New Member

Thanks for the information ! Just wandering if they operate overseas ( currently i am living in France and not in England BTW )

Sorry about the missed country I have a lot of good friends in England and they use the term from across the great pond, and I don't know if they operate oversea...I just know they do here...

7. saywhy

saywhy New Member

But honestly I must go and if I find out anything new, I will be sure to keep you all updated...Until then all have a good day...

8. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

:eek:

9. TexasTwister

TexasTwister Member

How many of you have the "Dream Police" song by Cheap Trick bouncing around in your head right now?

"The mint police, they live inside of my head
    The mint police, they come to me in my bed
    The mint police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no!"

Sorry, saywhy. Just having a little fun at your expense :)

10. saywhy

saywhy New Member

And that's no problem, I like good fun, thank you for trying to make the post better...

11. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Enough

I fully agree with Doug's comments below and will be glad to give temporary or permanent bans to anyone that cannot follow the rules.

bruthajoe likes this.
  12. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

I hope it isn't coated with mercury.

13. terry ball

terry ball New Member

what about a 1974 penny no mint&wide am worth thanks terry ball

14. Tawnya Bartlett

Tawnya Bartlett New Member

Im not sure if this was answered or not . I have a quarter very similar to this one. I know little about coins. I know the initials for the mints.
    I saw 1974 on the quarter and was going to give to my boyfriend who was born in 1974. I checked to see what mint its from but there wasnt any mark on the coin to tell me.
    Mine isnt bent or deformed in any way. Looking at the edge i see what appears to be a copper layer on one side and a silver layer on the other side.
    Any info would be great.

15. bigdog654411974

bigdog654411974 New Member

[​IMG] is this the real deal

16. bigdog654411974

bigdog654411974 New Member

[​IMG] is this the real deal

17. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

18. Albert Lancellotti

Albert Lancellotti New Member

Hello coin world . I have a 1974 quarter and on the front right side of the quarter I can see a faded 7 2 on the quarter. Is this a misprint . ???

19. Albert Lancellotti

Hello coin world . I have a 1974 quarter and on the front right side of the quarter I can see a faded 7 2 on the quarter. Is this a misprint . ???

20. Albert Lancellotti

21. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Is that possible?

Draft saved Draft deleted