1974 D Lincoln Cent Obverse Error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Candice Wise, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Candice Wise

Candice Wise Active Member

I have been learning to distinguish between machine doubling and the real thing.. A bit confusing but I'm getting better.. Look at the date and the D in GOD.. Mintmark is filled in.. The roof on the reverse really stands out as well.. Thanks for your time.. 20200929_224332.jpg 20200929_224537.jpg 20200929_224608.jpg 20200929_224351.jpg 20200929_224510.jpg 20200929_224412.jpg 20200930_095058.jpg 20200930_095444.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

4. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I tried looking for the gouge above the E but these pictures...

Candice Wise likes this.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Hard to tell much from those photos. If you posted all of them Full Image it might help, otherwise I see a normal looking cent.

Candice Wise likes this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Your photos are pixelated .. making it difficult to see any details.

filled in mint mark would probably be a die chip.
    if the roof is floating that would be from an over polished die where the die was polished too much and the lower recessed parts of the die were made flat. But the deeper parts were still there. And the roof and building is deeper than the segment between it (which is what gets polished away) thus making the roofs seem floating about the building.

Either that, or those are the rare pictures of those UFO flying discs about the memorial. lol

Candice Wise likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Tough to see but it looks like MD to me. I think I see a few flat, shelf like areas.

Candice Wise likes this.
  8. Candice Wise

I'm sorry.. I don't know why my pictures are looking so bad to y'all.. they look fine to me when I post them.. I had a coin magnification app on the phone but took it off because I thought it really made the pictures hard for y'all to see.. Should I put it back on here?? But, thanks for the replies, I'm trying not to post as much and ask as many questions.. TY

9. Candice Wise

Oh, and I thought I had posted all full images.. Sorry

Draft saved Draft deleted