1974 central bank of Bahamas bill in near mint condition w/low serial #

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Zakk2019, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Zakk2019

Zakk2019 Member

Ha! At a friend's house and her friend says she has all this old money, so I politely asked to see it. She said to sell it for her, so I started looking at it and oh my.
    It's been tucked away since the late 70's, and two of the single 1$ are super clean and crisp. Serial is 014013 . I assume that's super low.

The one on the bottom is the one in the first pic.

The last pic is all the bills she has, in case some random collector See's something they like.
    I don't think they are worth much, other then the pristine , low serial one on the bottom left.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

You would be better off posting this in the Paper Money forum. I don't collect paper money but I do know that any fold marks or creases lower the value.

4. Zakk2019

Zakk2019 Member

Thanks , off to post in right forum sorry.

5. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Howdy! As Thomas stated, you posted this in the wrong forum. Many of our members will not look at the "What's It Worth" forum, so will not see & respond to your post.

Now, while I only have US currency in my collection, I think some of the same criteria will apply:

First, the notes you posted are not super clean & crisp. Collectors look for specimens with absolutely no discoloration, & certainly NO wrinkles, creases or folds. They must look like they just came from the bureau of engraving. None of the notes you showed appear to exhibit those traits.

Secondly, generally a low SN is 3 digits, "super low" may describe 2 digits or lower. I don't believe you could raise the eyebrow of a SN collector with a 14013.

Hopefully you will have other responders who collect foreign currency.

6. Zakk2019

Zakk2019 Member

Thanks again! Posted it in the right area and....wow, I thought I had a low serial...but you mean ...looooooow.
    :joyful:

PlanoSteve likes this.
  7. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I saw the re-post...looks good, you should get many more responses now.

Yes, low means looooooow! And clean & crisp means pristine.

Draft saved Draft deleted