1973D Lincoln Penny DDO

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chopperhead, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Hey all, possible DDO? 20200224_190055.jpg 20200224_190055.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

4. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Check it out, from another angle, you sure Nutty? Check out date and iiberty. Not disagreeing, just asking you to look. Thanks 20200224_192147.jpg

5. Collecting Nut

Sorry but I'm just not seeing it.

6. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Okay, I am gonna try one more angle hang on

7. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

8. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

When you get a moment, please check out my 1968D I just posted, give me your ooinion on that one, thanks!

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Maybe some die deterioration damage or MDD, but no actual signs of a DDO. Did you compare the coin with VV or Coppercoins,com? You can see them better than we can with the photos above. Jim

Jim

Kevin Mader likes this.
  10. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

There may be two DDOs for the date/mm (Coppercoins/Wexler) so you can check out the listings to your coin. Given the condition of your specimen, you should be able to find the markers. I'm not thinking you'll be successful though. Based on your photos, I think you have a normal cent there unfortunately. But if you take better photos including shots where the markers can be found, we can help you out further.

11. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Yes, my lighting is not great tonight, I will send better tomorrow. VV doesnt show 1963D, I will check the other. Can y'all look at the 1968D O just posted. Die markers def match! Thanks everbody.

12. Collecting Nut

It's not the light, just a worn die and that's normal. We call it NAV or No Added Value Doubling.

Draft saved Draft deleted