1973 toned red/olive color penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Romario, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Romario

Romario New Member

Hi i wanted to know if toned pennies increase there value because i have a 1973 penny that has a red/olive to it and here are picture also sorry they are not good pictures:(

IMG_1045.PNG IMG_1046.PNG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

if it attractive toning yes. this is so-so.. ask gbroke he's the toning pro.

4. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

This doesn't appear to be the sort of toning that would bring a premium. Also it's a modern coin that has been circulated. I believe it's only worth face value.

5. Romario

Romario New Member

6. Jena

Jena New Member

I have a 1973 red penny it seems to have an Illuminati marking on the left side of the Lincoln Memorial Building on the back of the penny what is it worth very good condition

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Since it was put there after it left the mint, only what someone might give for it, but most would say very little other than face. You will find copper cents impressed with images, states, football logos, etc, but no real value, but always a surprising find :)

8. Mrmarcus

Mrmarcus New Member

Does anybody know why this penny is this color and is it worth any value

Attached Files:

9. Jeff 200

Jeff 200 New Member

I have a 1973 and 1999 they are very shiny with a glossy brown coating i tired wiping them but they still have that shine. Plus the 1973 weighs 3.1 grams

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Normal weight for a 1973, sounds like two normal cents.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Maybe the 1973 is plated. I would have to see the 1999.

You should really start you very own unique thread with pictures of both sides of the coin. Always pictures with any questions you may have.

12. Mundo Ramirez

Mundo Ramirez New Member

Just recently got into collecting coins and studying them , can anybody tell me what this is worth or is it even worth holding on to it?

13. Mundo Ramirez

Mundo Ramirez New Member

Just recently got into collecting coins and studying them , can anybody tell me what this is worth or is it even worth holding on to it?

14. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi. What is what worth?

Start a new thread. With pictures..

Welcome to CoinTalk.

Draft saved Draft deleted