1973 P Kennedy Half DDO, any info?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jim sullivan, May 1, 2019.

1. Jim sullivan

Jim sullivan Toned coins rule

Heres another. 1973 P, Kennedy Half. Again, appears to be a DDO, but cant find any listing. Good spread on most all the obv lettering and date. Im using the scope for the picture quality. The notching is visable through a loupe. Anyone seen this one before?
    Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

Devyn5150 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Can you take the photos from directly overhead, please?

Chris

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

+1

Some of the letters look like there is some die deterioration, But I can't be positive as there are no references to any DDO's for the year.
    @atrox001

atrox001 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Worthless doubling

atrox001 likes this.
  6. atrox001

atrox001 Senior Member

I haven't ever seen any reference for a 1973 DDO Kennedy Half Dollar either, there are several for the 73 DDR. I agree with the previous posts, nothing here to get excited about, after looking at your attached photos.

Pickin and Grinin and Devyn5150 like this.
  7. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

“Nothing to get excited about”... ? Lol, as a Canadian I envy your abilities to search rolls of American halfs, I can’t find one bank that ever has any Canadian examples, the bank tellers look at me like I’m crazy. I know that the coin in the thread may not bear any premium but, to me, I’d be excited to own it.

Mernskeeter likes this.
  8. Jim sullivan

Jim sullivan Toned coins rule

Thanks for the replies. As stated, it most likely has no real monetary premium, but thats not the point to me. Most only inspect the coins with listed varieties.I inspect every coin. Ive searched through probably a G to be left w a small handfull of questionable examples. 3 of which are confirmed 1971P DDO-001, that Id bet most wo t ever find because they dont look for it. Anyways, so as for this AND the 74 i have up, yall saying thats MD or DDD not worth any more time on. Correct?

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Usually when a coin shows some aspects of mechanical or deterioration. The whole coin becomes un attributable, Maybe if there was a strong early die state that completely says DDO then we can attribute the different die states and understand the coin until then these coins get classified as what we see or for their worth.

Draft saved Draft deleted