1972d double die?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by User12345666, Feb 12, 2019.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hey buddy.. That was not a nice thing to say..
    In the post I created I was just joking.. You know, as in sense of humor.
    I have never stated that I know it all. Please don't refer to me in such a manner.

I actually saw the video in question some time ago before the post was created. I thought it was intriguing. I like stuff like that. It's how I learn.

I really don't care what anybody wants to do with their copper cents. Melt them, eat them, sell them.. It's not my concern!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I never checked before but bronze scrap at $1.57 today. When a China deal is done it’s off to the races. Just a matter of time

4. coinquest1961

coinquest1961 Well-Known Member

User12345666 and Heavymetal like this.
  5. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"... Strother Martin/Cool Hand Luke.

Chris/cpm9ball was merely underlining the mistaken concept held by User12345666 and others...that it is a losing proposition to hoard pre-1982 (copper) cents thinking they are worth more for their metal content than FV.

Using the proferred amount of $1.46, a net of 25% equals 36.5 cents. I challenge anyone to describe how a profit could be made at these levels.

The bottom line: The extraction of the copper costs way more than the metal is worth.

One of the pre-requisites for becoming a CT forum member is to be willing to learn. Now, this lofty ideal may not be included in the rules, per se, nor written in stone anywhere, but we all learn from not only the mistakes of others but also from the brilliant knowledge and expertise of the collective.

Maybe the melting of copper cents should be allowed...it wouldn't be illegal because there is no way in Hades a profit is made...jmho...Spark

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    cpm9ball likes this.
  6. User12345666

User12345666 Active Member

Profit, Can be made just hold on to them. Copper won't always stay it's vaule. 20 to 30 years from now, you'll wish you hoarded penny's and handed them down to kin. Send them back to the bank instead of having a large piggy bank. 70 Gallon drums ready to hand down. Wish I collected silver. The day pennys are removed from the market. The value will have made my kin plenty of profit. Might not be millions but will have surprised what I paid for them. That's my belief

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. User12345666

One man's trash is a nother man's treasure ! You considers them not worth the time, I consider them a hobby and a long term investment. As of today there still worth a penny to them who use them for currency, as of copper value there worth 1.57 cents today! 20 years from now saved pennies could double or maybe triple melt vaule and if not the penny's will still sale at a premium if ebays around.lol. I have a barrel of pennies they aren't worthless even if currency was worthlesss, I could still make weapons out of them and protect my family.. barrel of penny's I love you..

8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Right now, this very second, 25% is nominally paid for alloyed copper. The price of Grade A copper, from which this percentage is based, would have to quadruple to make it feasible.

Not going to happen anytime soon. Nor will it do so 30 years from now, taking only inflation into account. 30 years from now the price would maybe have to double yet again.

Hey, think what you want...believe what you will...its a free country.

Peace be with you...Spark

User12345666 likes this.
  9. User12345666

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Penny - Singular
    Pennies - Plural

I Love Pennies ;)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I swear I see a few 1955 DDs in his coinage jars !!
    the travesty

where can I get one ??

12. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Draft saved Draft deleted