1972 Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Epperson2359, Mar 12, 2020.

?

What the grade and value

1. Grade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Value

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Just found this in a roll just if it's anybody could tell me what it's worth or maybe the grade

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

I could see that as an ms64. My redbook says 30 cents in 65. So maybe worth a quarter.

eddiespin likes this.
  4. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Thank you

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Factor in the slight circulation hits and it's worth 1 Cent.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Your Redbook lists prices for Graded coins. So add an initial cost of $30 to $40 to get it graded for the final value of 25 cents max if it was worth that.

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

8. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

Wow. Rough crowd. I assumed the OP had thoughts that he might have a very valuable coin. Someone looking to fill a book would probably pay $.25 for it. Page 20 of my 2019 redbook says all values under $500. are for raw coins.

9. furryfrog02

What are you smoking and where can I get it?

10. MK Ultra

MK Ultra Well-Known Member

Camden, NJ. If you dare.

11. furryfrog02

Eh, I've been to worse places in the world :p

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Pluto? :)

furryfrog02 likes this.
  13. furryfrog02

Think war-torn third world places. :)

14. MK Ultra

MK Ultra Well-Known Member

Chicago?

15. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Ok, I should make sure I have a real valuable coin next time that way it will be worth taking shots at each other maybe, coin talk is not for me. I'm still searching for that valuable coin.

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The pics get a little fuzzy but it almost looks like there could be a little doubling on the IGWT. Since this is a 1972 and numerous doubling varieties exist this should be check out further. If it is then it's worth a little bit of no doubling then it's worth one cent.

17. furryfrog02

It definitely isn't doubled.

18. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's a nice looking cent, and if you like it you can put it in a 2x2 coin flip and save it. Not all nice looking coins have a lot of value.
    It's basically 1 cent. It's true there may be an assigned value in a book for such a coin at a certain grade. (10 cents, 20 cents, w/e). But there's no market for this modern cent. Dealers are not buying it from you for a nickel or 10 cents, and reselling it at retail for 20 cents. Maybe, you could find a collector who wants it for their album and it's better than what they have and they might give you a nickel or a dime for it. But are you going to do X number of dollars of work, search, shipping to make a nickel profit? It's a spender. It would have to be super high grade (68,69)
    to have value.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  19. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Thanks for the info, in still real green but I think I have the bug for roll hunting, I'm going to post some more cents tell me what think if have the time.. Thanks again

Draft saved Draft deleted