1972 D Roosevelt dime

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jessica L McClellan, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I got what you meant. Lame as meaning. "That sucks"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yeah

4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

That is not how it works here. On CT we give honest opinions and info. Especially about coins and what has happened to create the one as it is seen today, whether it is because it is an error/variety or a victim of environment and persons outside of the mint, etc. Especially to help not just the OP, but also for others who are perusing this forum to learn about coins; because information given can be, for a person so inclined, knowledge learned. You got it.

And yes, we can tell people to do the research. Researching does not stop until all errors are found and decided on. Researching is a tool. Researching should be your responsibility, yet people on here bring their knowledge to others, even those who are research-phobic or research-deficient, as you seem to be. Using garbage excuses that 'constant change' is occurring, to prevent people from telling you to do research is lame and repugnant. Perhaps learning to use it as a tool might help you in life; I know it does for me.

Dumb questions and statements on here deserve and get responses. Deal with it. Trying to deflect your lacks, insufficiencies and/or aversions onto Chris was lame, rude, and inaccurate. What he said was not.

eddiespin likes this.
  5. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Every denomination of US coinage has "AMERICA" on them. Does that mean that all of them are either "WAM" or "CAM"?

Chris

Kasia likes this.
  7. Kasia

Maybe there will be a MAM.... (Median AM - for those between a CAM and a WAM)

Nyatii likes this.
  8. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Yes Mame'

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Maybe we should use this......….
    CLAM - CLOSE AM.png
    ......….for Close AM.

Nyatii likes this.
  10. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

What kind of site is this that everyone seems to get on the bandwagon to belittle some guy that doesn't know much about coins and asks questions that are lame? When did coin collecting get to be a collection of "know it alls." I've only collected for about 10 years when I inherited my father's coin collection. I didn't rely on websites. I read books and magazines. When I first started, I had no clue what they were saying, but after a few years, I learned something, little by little. I only buy from people I know and companies that are recommended. I like to read this forum, but when I find people getting ridiculed, I quit reading for a while. Please be courteous and help these poor, ignorant, shmucks. Have a great day, guys.

carra's coins likes this.
  11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I agree with Chris! She's trying to backpedal in each statement.

12. Kasia

So, we get criticized by you for our comments "belittling" someone that (according to you) asks questions that are 'lame'.... Which actually did not occur... And then you call that same person a poor, ignorant, shmuck?

13. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

The simple fact is that it's easy to do simple research. She mentioned the Cherrypicker guide and other reverses. However there isn't any reverse difference between wide and close AM. It's not even a subtle difference in design on the 98,99 and 2000 cents. The difference is a proof die was used instead of business strike. The simple fact is people are lazy and want instant gratification on knowing they have the next million dollar coin. It's obvious that people are on line trying to get rich quick.

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's best to read the thread before you post. It's clear that you do not understand what was said.

15. coin roll

coin roll Active Member

Maybe this web site should be called "Professional Coin Talk". I think we are all loaded for bear with the newbies because of the TROLLS that get our goats.

thomas mozzillo and enamel7 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted