1972 d lincoln cent -no V.D.B.-

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by deemahoney, Sep 20, 2013.

1. deemahoney

deemahoney New Member

coins.jpg I know you answered this question before, I read the thread. However, I have a photo to include

with my question.I have included another coin for comparison. Is this coin worn or was there no V.D.B. on this coin from the start. The web

has a few different opinions,( see the Ebay article on this coin), I am interested in yours.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

There can never be "no VDB from the start", as it is included in the original design during the hubbing process. Your coin could be one of a few things, though I cannot tell exactly which, as the pictures aren' close enough. It could be circulation wear, and the coin has just been around for a while and the friction from hitting all the other coins has eliminated the VDB. It could also be die abrasion, where the mint abrades the dies in efforts to remove clash marks. It could also be a minor struck through grease error, when grease became trapped in the die and prevented a full strike of the coin.

4. deemahoney

deemahoney New Member

First of all Thank you. I am now trying to take a closer picture for you to see. Might take me a little while. Wish me luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted