1972 D DDO

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jeff Callahan, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Jeff Callahan

Jeff Callahan Active Member

I posted this coin in an error coin thread some time back where it was verified to have Doubled Die attributes. I pulled it out of storage and was looking at it when I wondered what it might be worth to another collector. I have no idea where to grade it... maybe a 40 to 50? Not very good in any case probably. It has a nice color and really, overall, it is a nice looking penny without magnification. Here are the photos. What do you think?

20210105_132559.jpg 20210105_132610.jpg Still001.jpg Still002.jpg Still003.jpg Still004.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Like I said then, in that condition, and the fact that it is one of the lesser DDOs or that year, you'd be lucky to get a few dollars. I think the most expensive one I saw on ebay sold for like $10 and it was MS and nice and red.

Fact is, most varieties, unless they are super impressive (55, 69, 72, 83) or are fairly rare (92 P/D CAM) do not fetch much.

Jeff Callahan, yakpoo and rosethe like this.
  4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I personally think the 60 D/D sm over lg DDO-1 is better than the 83. IMO, Jim :happy:

Jeff Callahan likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That is a good one too. The doubling on the 83 though...

6. Jeff Callahan

Jeff Callahan Active Member

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Tough to make it out in that condition but it looks to have all the remnants of a DDO. Now the next time try to catch them sooner! :)

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The DDO and wide D/D RPM. what a combination!:p:D

Jim

Jeff Callahan and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted