1972 colombian 10 centavos DDO error

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by robertk310, Jun 10, 2015.

1. robertk310

robertk310 Active Member

All the letters in the word colombia show signs of being DD. Some are more pronounced than others. What should I do with this coin? Do I send it in for grading and verification? If so what places do forum members recommend and how much does this service cost, IE, is the value of the coin great enough to offset the cost? Any/all comments and advice is greatly appreciated as im a newbie. Thanks in advance for looking at my post and for your feedback.

Attached Files:

Derick likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Looks like a DDO.

send it in?

to whom?

If you can, I'd only send it to ANACS, since foreign DD's don't have the same values as US DD's.

ANACS is the most reasonable, and excellent with errors.

4. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I think that I've seen more errors and stuff from Colombia than almost anywhere else.

5. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

It's actually not scarce, as far as I know. I don't think you need it graded, since it's authenticity is not in question and you can buy one for under 10 dollars (I just bought one for 7 or 8). I also own this same exact example. The doubling is most visible on the right, in the word "Colombia." I'd say, save your money on grading fees and buy some more world coins to look through. Maybe you'll find a more obvious DD coin or a unique one

6. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

How does one know if his/her DD is unique or rare??

7. robertk310

robertk310 Active Member

Thank you everyone for your knowledge! I'm going to take your advice and save my money and not send it in for grading/proof.

8. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

I guess by looking at how many have sold, are up for sale, etc. Can't say for sure I guess. These kinds of coins are just not followed as closely as US coins. Imagine if this Columbian coin was followed as closely as say the 1955 DDO US cent. Imagine what we'd find out

Draft saved Draft deleted