1971s

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bentley carpenter, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Bentley carpenter

Bentley carpenter Well-Known Member

Just opened another roll and the first coin I flipped over is this 71s. It's crazy I got these few rolls out of a country store been there before my time you think it is going to fall down. The old lady took me a hour to finally get her to figure out what I was even asking bless her heart I for got how many years they been doing it I have never in my life every stopped in there. I thought I would at least ask she said Honey there are a few rolls that have been laying in here for years just never need them I don't think I have ever even seen the coin holders before you could blow the dust off them so I give her some back I think she had 4 rolls left I'm going in a minute and see if I can't get the rest of them. I have had them left own my mind I'm going to go get them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bentley carpenter

4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

It seems like just yesterday I could go into any bank and buy Unc-RD rolls of these for 50¢/roll.

5. Bentley carpenter

I guess now you be lucky if you could even find a Bank with any a tall I'm doing some hunting to find some of these coins I'm hitting ever little spot I can find my best luck right now is out back country stores that still got Penny's laying in them for years I'm getting a few s coins out of it just hit another one got a few rolls getting ready to open up I love it Man I mean I love it you never know what you will find that is what so great about it just don't be a sore loser you have to take chances I've got my best Hunt off chances.

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I found the most rare coins when I worked at a Boy Scout Camp Store in the '70s.

7. Bentley carpenter

The places were you would not dream is were there at there are a lot of old coins still out there just finding them is the fun part.

Draft saved Draft deleted