1971 s proof not proof

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

Well I'm on the west coast of Florida I never get S Lincoln cents and I got this in a coin roll from the bank but determining whether it's proof or not proof I'm having a hard time Ms condition I think

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Like your title states.. Not Proof ;)

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

5. Willysilver

Thanks paddy appreciate it I just get excited when I get S is over here they're hard to get especially in that shape condition

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Clearly not a proof. You need to brush up on the differences between proofs and business strikes.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Here's proof, you can compare yours to it.
    1317940598.jpg

8. Willysilver

Omg mines def not proof

Michael K likes this.
  9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

To be fair the coin in the posted photo is not representative of the average 71-S proof most folks will encounter.

10. Willysilver

I dont understand

11. Willysilver

Hey check out the bicentennial quarter I got today and pocket change it amazing Philadelphia mint I posted it under the what's my coin worth give me your opinion please I respect it thanks

12. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes that's true. Most 1971-S proof cents will not be as nice as the photo,
    but I wanted to show the contrast between the business strike and a proof.

13. BooksB4Coins

The average 71-S proof cent will look little like the example photo, particularly in regards to contrast. I mentioned this because if you're unable to identify your coin as a business strike as-is, expecting a proof to resemble said photo very could only add to your confusion.

14. BooksB4Coins

When asking that others take a look at a coin posted to a different thread, is it really wise to expect multiple people to search through your posting history in order to find it, or would it be better to simply post a direct link where they can view it?

JCro57 likes this.
  15. Willysilver

Dude I don't know he's a friend on here so I just asked him a question myob your business I'm not asking you

16. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Screenshot_2018-07-19-21-40-13.png Screenshot_2018-07-19-21-40-21.png
    And even Philly made some proofs, like this one. 1999-P $1 SBA struck on a proof type 1 blank

17. BooksB4Coins

Calm down, Einstein. Regardless of who you were talking to, this isn't the first example of where you've expected more from others than you do of yourself. Even if Paddy is indeed a friend, the point still stands.

Considering you're one of the worst offenders here when it comes to asking the same dumb questions over and over and over again, I suggest dropping the attitude. There's a very good reason why it's always the same members participating in your threads. You do the math.

Draft saved Draft deleted