1971 D Dime DDO

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by FOREVERYOUNG, Nov 20, 2017.

1. FOREVERYOUNG

FOREVERYOUNG New Member

Hi, I believe I found a DDO Dime, would love to have your opinon as I am not an expert at this, I am fairly new. Hoping to someday actually come across one in any coin. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Throw it back in the pond!

Chris

4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

One shown is a 1997.

5. FOREVERYOUNG

FOREVERYOUNG New Member

Oh shoot sorry, I have a whole page of coins an that one accidentally got stuck in here sorry about that.

6. FOREVERYOUNG

FOREVERYOUNG New Member

So there is nothing at all on the coin even though the metal is raised, how is it i find dd coins online that look identical is some of the ways and there's are dd but mine is not? is it because of the year maybe? or what the coin is?

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You have images of two different coins mixed together. I'm not sure which is which. How about separating them in different threads.

Chris

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

If you are watching YouTube videos about DD's then forget it.. none of those people know what they are talking about! :bored:

9. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

@FOREVERYOUNG finding these doubled dies are hard to do unless you've been doing it for a while. (I still get confused and need to ask the experts here!) All I can say is look at different websites and the pictures they have to compare your coin to theirs. Also, learn HOW coins are made and what an actual DD is and what worthless doubling is. This will help eliminate a lot of the ones you are deciding on. Here is a good website that provides an explanation and also has listings of DD coins to compare to.
    http://doubleddie.com/144822.html

Good Luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted